April 2019 - now (back and forth; now in healed state)

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: fissure diary (debilitating spasms started 3/31/2019)

Postby tightbutt5678 » 14 Jun 2019, 04:22

Yep, I eat bananas every day but if I have more than 1 I get a slightly harder BM. I feel like peanut butter also didn't work well for me but I am yet to experiment with it again. Best fruits for me are skinless pears, kiwis, mangos.
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby appleapple » 14 Jun 2019, 11:10

Thanks Abu and tightbutt! I have one banana left so I'll eat it today and then no more bananas from tomorrow.

took 200mg magnesium citrate before bed last night

bm: 12pm. very loose. (i took 200mg magnesium citrate and 2 miralax yesterday, which is probably too much). tonight i'll just take 300mg magnesium citrate before bed. sensation of splitting/tearing is still there, but a lot better compared to the bad days. internal hemmie is still swollen, harder to push back in. but the sharp pain (when hemmie "snaps back in place") was probably a 4 or 5 compared to the 9 on those really bad days about a week ago.

after bm: the usual tightness/discomfort. no bad spasms yet. i feel comfortable enough to take a shower and then go out for a walk.

morning: avocado blueberry soy milk smoothie at 10am

lunch: one pear, one banana, chopped into 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal (with coconut milk), super fulfilling!

dinner: baked sweet potatoes, cooked broccoli, cooked spinach, 2 eggs, bone broth (20g of protein)

sitz bath: twice

other stuff: hemp seed oil, cod liver oil, coconut oil
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby appleapple » 15 Jun 2019, 13:04

6/15

took 300mg magnesium citrate before bed last night

bm: 8am. tip felt harder than it should be. the rest was ok. I used my finger to press on my bum (the fissure side), this seems to help the stool slide out. internal hemmie only came out a little, much easier to push back in than yesterday. but the sharp pain (when hemmie "snaps back in place") was probably a 3 or 4.

after bm: the usual tightness/discomfort. mild spasms (5-6) lasted about 4,5 hours

morning: half avocado+blueberry+coconut milk smoothie at 10am

lunch: one pear, half dragon fruit, cooked with 1/3 cup oatmeal with almond milk

dinner: bone broth (20g protein), small portion of baked sweet potatoes, 6 shrimps (about 8g protein?), a little bit of sea cucumber (had some left in the freezer from whenever and decided to throw them into my soup)

other stuff: hemp seed oil, cod liver oil (forgot), coconut oil, 2 dates

need to make bm softer. took 300mg magnesium citrate and 3/4 cap of miralax. fingers crossed for smooth and soft bm tomorrow!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 16 Jun 2019, 10:27

6/16

bm: 9am. the tip still felt hard and difficult to pass. no change in pain level from yesterday. will continue to change diet/supplement today to try to make my BM better.

grhh. had another loose one around 11am. my colons were probably triggered by breakfast. lol.

good thing is spasms seemed to be manageable. I didn't lie down and instead kept standing and walking around the house to do small chores, also massaged the area frequently, and

morning: cod liver oil, blueberry+strawberry+coconut water (6g fiber), 1 cap miralax, 2 cups of almond milk+black sesame powder+barley/yam powder (got from Chinese grocery store, i just like the taste of it)

lunch: not really hungry. had a cup of coconut milk+coconut oil and some dates.

dinner: bone broth (20g protein), 10 shrimps (about 15g protein?), a little bit of sea cucumber, cooked broccoli/asparagus/celery, 1 tbsp of olive oil, some strawberries

appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 17 Jun 2019, 11:41

6/17

bm: 11am. very loose. so loose that my internal hemmie didn't pop out. it was almost pain free, until i felt some sharp sting/pain near the end. yesterday i had 1 cap of miralax and 200mg mg citrate. no banana, avocado, or oats yesterday. i also cut out hem control supplements which contained psyllium husk powder, among other things. I don't know which one of these factors contributed to the loose BM. will keep on experimenting! today i'll only do miralax.

almost no spasms. burning/tightness/discomfort mostly went away 30min after bm.

morning: cod liver oil, blueberry+strawberry+coconut water (6g fiber) smoothie, 1 cap miralax

lunch: 2 cups of almond milk+black sesame powder+barley/yam powder, coconut oil, some baked sweet potatoes

snack: 4 medjool dates

dinner: two scallops, 3 or 4 shrimps, bone broth, some pig feet soup (I know it sounds gross but this is common in Chinese food; great source for collagen), a few pieces of strawberries and pineapples, steamed cauliflower and asparagus

started using propolis suppositories today (fissure is so deep, hard for any topical to reach)
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby appleapple » 18 Jun 2019, 09:26

6/18

bm: 9am. I had the perfect Bristol type 4 stool today! yay!!! (I took no mg citrate yesterday and just had one cap of miralax. Sticking to this one more day to see how tomorrow goes.)

almost no spasms. burning/tightness/discomfort mostly went away 30min after bm.

had another BM at 1pm. facepalm. Still the perfect type 4 but I really want to keep BM at one a day (otherwise I live the entire day in dread, anticipating unexpected bms, and cannot leave the house).

morning: cod liver oil, blueberry+strawberry+coconut milk (6g fiber) smoothie, 1 cap miralax, half a cup prune juice

lunch: pig feet soup

snack: white fungus soup (a common Chinese sweet soup)

dinner: bone broth (10g protein), steamed broccoli and asparagus

still cannot sit comfortably...
Last edited by appleapple on 18 Jun 2019, 23:11, edited 3 times in total.
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 18 Jun 2019, 09:29

Very nice, keep it up if it works like this.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby appleapple » 18 Jun 2019, 09:50

Abu wrote:Very nice, keep it up if it works like this.

Thanks! Also, I took your advice and cut out bananas and avocado - things that seem to make BM "sticky" and "formed". =)
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Abu » 18 Jun 2019, 11:11

Avocado I am not sure, at least I have no issues with it. Banana definitely no no.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 19 Jun 2019, 02:41

I’m actually ok with bananas.

Sounds like you are finding out what works for you. Things are going in the right direction. I’m hoping it continues for you xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !