Fissure Friend

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure Friend

Postby J.S. » 13 Jul 2012, 19:42

Thanks for creating this site. My name is Shawnie and almost 5 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer - stage 2B. Massive Radiation, Chemo and Brachytherapy Radiation worked for me and I will be cancer free for 5 years in August. The effects of all of the radiation have not been a pleasant experience. I have multiple annual fissures as one effect. The other is chronic diarreha due to the damage done from the radiation. I have tried many but probably not all of the diet changes, fiber additions, lotions, ointments, etc. I underwent surgery in December of 2011 to correct the largest fissure. This was WONERFUL. I was pain free for 4 months. Unfortunately this last 6 weeks or so seem to indicate on or more of my fissures causing sever pain again. I hope to utilize this forum to learn more strategies to try. Whine and moan when needed Image and share my experience to help others. Thanks for being there. :D Image
J.S.
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure Friend

Postby butthurt » 13 Jul 2012, 23:59

Sorry to hear of your potential recurrence. I hope that you feel better soon!
butthurt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fissure Friend

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Jul 2012, 05:33

Shawnie,
Wow - after what you've been through, you've done amazingly and it's great to hear that you've recovered from the cancer. That is fantastic news and I know that fissures are horrid and painful and neverending and sorry that you've had to endure these because of the side effects of treatment for the cancer but at least, they are not life threatening or anywhere near as serious as the other issue you've had to contend with. I think we need to hear stories from people like yourself sometimes just to put the fissure into perspective for what it is! - literally a great pain in the bum but curable and not anything seriously nasty.
Sorry to hear you have all this to suffer too but if you can get through cervical cancer, I'm certain you'll be able to get through this stuff too...
We're all here to support you and listen to you anytime you need a good whinge!!!
Thanks for posting and all the very best to you in dealing with your fissures.....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again