Fissure healed?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissure healed?

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2008, 08:57

Sorry I've been awol for awhile but I wanted to give you guys an update. Saw my CRS on Monday and he said the fissue is healed. Yeah!!!! However today I had some stingy pain and specs of blood on the TP (baby wipes.) Very discouraging. I just want to lay down and cry. I haven't had any fissure discomfort in 6 weeks and now this. Will this ever end.

Re: Fissure healed?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Jan 2008, 09:18

You can still have some blood on the TP even six months out from healing. I'm sure a bit of discomfort is possible. The fissure simple isn't going to heal like a cut on your skin...but it should continue to get better, with fewer and fewer instances of the TP blood.
Don't dispair...unless your real pain returns on a daily basis, then you're just par for the course.
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 12 Jan 2008, 21:59

bum, you'll be fine. give yourself a complete year to get all the blood tp out of the system.
and you may not remember, but we've all had little tiny fissures before at one time or another and they have cured themselves; the only difference, is that this time we got a real meanie!
but sounds like you are doing great...don't fret about the blood on tp! quite quite normal as long as you are not in fissure hell with that pain to go with it!
also, you must keep mindful to not retear; just because you are in the clear today, doesn't guarantee 100% immunity from it ever again. so you will no doubt have bloody tps in the future!
be well....gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2008, 08:32

Thanks guys! The blood didn't worry me as much as the stinging. Worried I might have a retear and after 6 weeks of doing well its a real let down. Going to try and get in to see my CRS this week.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jan 2008, 08:39

I think that is a good idea, because I was kinda concerned about the remark you made about the stinging.
Even a year out from my surgery, I had a hard BM last month and some pain, but it went away very quickly. Have you had any recurrence of the sting and how long did that first bout last?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2008, 13:16

Just got back from the CRS. Says the fissure looks ok. Thinks I might of just had a minor abrasion. Basically says I just need to baby the thing along. Still I'm scared shitless.

Postby juney » 14 Jan 2008, 13:29

what kind of exam did your CRS do? i've had some stinging pain in the last 2 days also and am concerned.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2008, 13:42

Did a rectal w/ scope exam.

Postby juney » 14 Jan 2008, 13:48

did that hurt at all? are you still having stinging pain during BM, or any pain after?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2008, 14:40

A little discomfort of course but no pain. My issues started Saturday morning. Had the stinging and saw blood after BM. Felt uncomfortable all day but no real pain or spasms. Applied Nifedipine which stung for a few minutes. Sunday and this morning felt stinging but not to the extent of Saturday. Hoping the Doc is right and its just a minor abrasion.