Fissure-safe fast foods

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Fissure-safe fast foods

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 02:09

Well I ate KFC yesterday and my poop went smoothly today.I had some major gas issues yesterday from the KFC and I was forced to even hold a couple of big ones which was really uncomfortable.When I got home from work last night my fissure started to hurt from all the gas passing,I haven't had a pain like that in weeks.I popped a couple of ibuprofen and it subsided,it may have set back my healing about 3 days but its all good.I had a grilled leg and thigh(very small portions),a side of corn,mashed potatos,and coslaw or however you spell it.The KFC I ate last week also made me gassy but it wasn't as bad.Maybe it was the mashed potatos and coslaw that gets me gassy but all I know is I'm not eating there again.Me personally I don't know about Taco Bell though NG because I think there food taste crappy without the hot sauce Image .Don't get too brave though and order up the volcano tacos :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 02:25

Haha nice I don't think I'm brave enough for KFC just yet Image Been eating some potato chips lately though and it seems to be okay, I do take a little more Miralax to compensate. I usually don't eat Taco Bell without hot sauce, either, but after the bland stuff I've been eating for the past few months, I think my taste buds might just explode with a plain ol' crunchy taco. Had a fissure setback today (minor bleeding which I haven't seen in a while) so I may hold off on that experiment for a little while longer though!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 11 Oct 2009, 05:35

Can't believe the way you folks crave fast food! :roll: But I guess we all have our personal food demons to deal with--mine are sweets (cake and especially chocolate).
NG,
If you are eating fast food and potato chips, you should start putting on weight since those types of food are loaded with fat! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 11:55

I hope so Cheryl -- it seems that I've at least managed to stop further weight loss, I think. I actually read product labels now (something I never did before) and specifically look for things that are high in calories/fat and also fiber. These are often on opposing axes, of course, so what I've been doing every day lately is eating my usual diet of veggie soup and boiled fish and cramming down as many potato chips and Snicker's bars in-between meals as possible. I don't normally care for chocolate (guess we differ there :)) but I loaded up on Snicker's since I see that they're high in calories and fat haha.
The only unfortunate thing is that this week I've had frequent abdominal cramping (in the colon area near the lower left abdomen) and also some mild rectal bleeding/pain during BMs has returned. I don't know if it's due to the introduction of junk food into my diet (seems unlikely since the BMs are still very soft), the fact that I skipped my Valium and nitroglycerin for a few days, or something else, but if it keeps up I'll have to see the GI doc about it. Seems that my symptoms keep circling back around to the possibility of some kind of colitis so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and get screened for it at some point.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 11 Oct 2009, 12:18

Did you ever try Ensure? Seems impossible to me now that I was ever trying to GAIN weight. I guess it is since I now eat about anything I wish.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 12:39

Yep I gave Ensure a try. It didn't do much for me though -- just made me have looser and more frequent BMs than usual... I think something about it disagrees with my stomach, unfortunately. I'm trying a more bland type of potato chips today, the ones I was eating before were spicy jalapeno ones which tasted great but may not be the best thing for fissures Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 12:54

Sucks you got some rectal bleeding/pain again NG.I know you got a lot of things going on right now but you should atleast stay on top of the nitro and use it before bm definatly.Ground beef I personally think is not that bad,atleast its already broken down for you so you just gotta chew more to ensure it poops out smoothly.I eat Giniling(pinoy dish)all the time and I have no problems as far as bm with it.Mines is usually prepared with a lot more raisins,potato,and peas than usual to get the veggie portion I need.That dish alone helped me stablize my weight loss.I weighed 175 lbs. two and a half months ago and now I'm at 162 lbs.and holding.I'm 6 ft. tall so you know I'm skinny already so I won't totally deny myself of meat so long as its grounded or soft meat.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 12:59

Have you ever thought of running a fat steak through a blender and put some veggies in it and have a steak smoothy Image that should come out smoothly. Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 13:02

Yeah I think I'm definitely gonna start with the nitro again. I had a couple of BMs this morning and the sphincter definitely felt noticeably tighter than before I stopped using the nitro. Guess I got overconfident again, I thought I was over the hump already and stopped both the Valium and the nitro a few days ago. I guess I did so prematurely and I'm actually not quite there yet. But hey, for a few days I was living the good life, popping jalapeno chips and living Valium and nitro free just like the pre-fissure days! All that was missing was the beer to go with my Sunday football :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 13:05

afugh!! wrote:Have you ever thought of running a fat steak through a blender and put some veggies in it and have a steak smoothy Image that should come out smoothly. Image

lol now there's an idea. I'm not a huge steak fan otherwise I'd give that a go Image
Btw every time I hear other folks talk about losing weight, I'm somewhat comforted, I'm 5'8" and went from 139 lbs to about 115 lbs right now. Now every time I see a super skinny dude I'm going to wonder if he's got a fissure!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure