Fissure-safe fast foods

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Fissure-safe fast foods

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 13:11

LOL whenever I see someone walking funny I always wonder if they have a fissure.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 11 Oct 2009, 13:15

Ensure didn't make me have loose bowels. I used the kind with fiber, but I guess everyone is different. Just another idea how you could gain weight--go on a cruise. Everyone seems to gain lots of weight on those because of all of the delicious food. But I realize you now have new babes in the family.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 13:18

A cruise would definitely be nice right about now Image Unfortunately I'd probably be the guy avoiding all the prime rib and seafood to eat some cereal in the corner though Image It's funny because I'm having the opposite of all the issues that people normally have -- low blood pressure, weight loss, etc. If my fissure ever cures I'm going to open my own weight loss clinic and give Jenny Craig a run for her money!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 13:48

Well NG you live in Cali,you can ask your doc to prescribe you medical marijuana to run up your appetite.I stopped smoking pot 5 yrs. ago when I became a fitness buff but I thought of starting up again if my weight loss became to drastic.I wasn't planning to become a total stoner and smoke a heap but more of a couple of hits just to get the munchy attack.The license only costs 95 dollars and I know of 2 MJ dispenseries in my area.I can get some from friends but the stuff they get these days is just too strong,I know the medical ones are not as strong or you can get some that is more oriented to stimulating the appetite and not be as stoney.You don't just have to smoke it either they got some baked with cookies and such.I figure your already taking valium which is potentially more dangerous than pot so I'm just letting you know of other options.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 14:00

Actually I used to smoke recreationally too (a decent amount back in the day but not anymore) and have given some thought to getting a Rx for therapeutic use. Only problem is once the munchies hit, it makes me go straight for the Cheetos and Doritos and other super junky food lol. But yeah it does ramp up my appetite quite a bit, so if the weight loss continues it's something I might do. We have legal dispensaries everywhere up here so it wouldn't be too inconvenient.
But yeah I know what you mean about the Valium. To be honest I don't think I need it anymore (although I will readily admit that it did help with my fissure back when the symptoms were REALLY bad) and have tried to stop it altogether twice already. But apparently you get physically dependent on it very quickly and go through some bad withdrawal symptoms. For a while I thought I had the flu and only recently realized it was Valium withdrawal. Turns out you need to taper off it very gradually, which is what I'm currently trying to do. Funny how something that physicians hand out like candy turns out to be way worse than something that's demonized by society.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 14:31

Ya the munchy attacks generally make you crave junk foods.I snack on the Fiber One chocolate granola bars an I was thinking to myself last week that if I smoked pot I can easily go through 5 of those bad boys because they taste sooo good.They are like 9 grams of fiber per bar and I know that would be a bad thing.Atleast you smoked pot before so you can get the effects right away if you do start up again.I know if it's your first time smoking you generally won't get high til the 3rd time you smoke it.Atleast thats how it was for me a long time ago.Ya I find it ridiculous they demonize pot when its so benign but when you get caught by the police with a precribed valium it's all good.Ooops don't we have a new law enforcement officer on the boards?PLEASE DON'T FIND AND ARREST US! Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Oct 2009, 14:39

Haha I have the same granola bars -- couldn't resist the 35% daily RDA fiber in one shot, either, eh? Image I never cared much for granola bars before but after the fissure I've been downing them daily. The Quaker Oats chocolate fudge ones are pretty good too.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby afugh!! » 11 Oct 2009, 14:48

You should get the Fiber One pastries,10 grams of fiber taken care of for breakfast.Have a granola for lunch and that takes care of more than half your RDA for the rest of the day.Ooops better apply the nitro now I'm getting the urge to poop.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 12 Oct 2009, 17:55

valium is some nasty stuff. Dont take it unless you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Oct 2009, 17:58

Nebelwerfer_ wrote:valium is some nasty stuff. Dont take it unless you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.

Yeah I just realized that over the last few days :( At one point my fissure was bad enough where I didn't care, and truthfully it did help, but now I just want the addiction to be gone. Overall I'm glad I took it, because the fissure really was THAT bad, but I just wish I'd started tapering off of it earlier (and in a smarter fashion rather than just going cold turkey like I did).
How are things going on your side? Any improvement from your new diet/drug regimen?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure