Fissure Story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure Story

Postby jf-fissure » 16 Aug 2015, 14:59

Hello,

I think I posted somewhere on the old boards, but unfortunately I haven't come here in a while. It's definitely time for a new post. I've been at this a frustrating amount of time (over 4 years) and have found some decent ways to manage this condition. However, I'm getting sick and tired of management and I'm looking for the cure, so any advice would be much appreciated!

Long story short, 4 years of rectal pain and bleeding... a serious pain in the arse. It upsets me that this has been going on since I was 25... I'm 29 now. I've also had double with a herniated disc that I recently had surgery for. Basically that was a miracle and now I need one more for my fissure.

My history consists of conservative management (bowel regimen Miralax/Metamucil, nitroglycerin, nifedipine, pelvic floor physical therapy) and surgical options (in order... Botox, Botox + fissurectomy, LIS, Botox, Botox). Basically I am able to manage and pain consists of 5-6 hours of 5/10 pain after each BM.

So here are a few questions I have:

1. Do people keep logs? If so, what do you put in them? I've found mine to be worthless looking back.

2. Do people take pictures of their BMs? I have a ton of disgusting pictures. Also have taken a few quite embarrassing videos to figure out what was goings on.

3. Anyone have more information on the Kenalog Procedure by Dr. Feingold? I've read what I could find on the forums, but does anyone have his presentation? Or Abstract about the procedure? I've heard the success rate is high. Actually, that is a lie, I emailed him myself and he said he has good success with recalcitrant fissures like mine. Can anyone corroborate his claims?
jf-fissure

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure Story

Postby owmybum » 21 Aug 2015, 13:22

Hi jf-fissure,

I'm sorry to hear of your pain... I too have been suffering for around 4 years.

I have never kept a log... I'm basically to lazy!
I've never taken photos of my bms either. I think a picture diary is probably the best thing you can use to gauge any changes related to increased/ decreased pain.

There are a few posts on here devoted to kenalog.... But from what I can remember it's not the 100% cure it proclaims to be. One of our members had it done last year, with no improvements at all. Look up posts by asdf123456

Have you seen a CRS recently?? What do they suggest??

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !