My anal fissure Story

A scream from hell

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My anal fissure Story

Postby salamon555 » 19 Jul 2015, 12:27

When I first started on this forum,I was in extreme pain all of the time.I was always constipated,and always would have spasms for hours after my BM.I went to my general doctor and he sent me to a CRS. just by the eye exam and due to the pain he confirmed that I have a fissure He told me to take a stool softener,eat more fiber,drink more water,and get some walking exercise.He gave me Nifepidine to put on the area 3 times a day.I would take baths and sitz bath to try to reduce the pain.It worked for the first two weeks,then it came back to agony.If I had a BM,I was in pain for 12 hours afterwards.Went back to the CRS and told him how much I m in pain, noticing blood in my stool and feeling some pain in my high anal also loosing weight from 200 P to 180 Pound , so we decided to get a colonoscopy done.We asked the CRS about all the alternative treatments.We scheduled a colonoscopy that very day.I went home and started using Miralax,coconut oil suppositories, and within the next day or two I had a good BM that didn't bleed and wasn't a 10 and above.I read more about this fissure on this forum,and decided to reschedule my procedure for another time,as I read that a colonoscopy could make the fissure worse.It has been two weeks now and my Bm's are not as painful as before and they don't bleed.I take an Alleve every now and then for pain,but the pain is not as bad as it was before.I changed my diet and no longer eat any meat or bread at all. I eat lots of steamed vegetables and juice my fruits.My area around the fissure looks better,and I am hopeful that it will get healed with time and patience.I forgot to mention that along with the fissure,I have two tag moles also.The fissure is still in the process of healing,but I don't know how long it is going to take.I am just glad that it doesn't hurt as much and that I am able to come here to this forum and get good advice and support from such sweet people.

New update : 07/19/2015

I m hoping to get my normal life back again ,but this last week was a horror for me. My skin tag is getting very irritated and sent me to major pain ,I wouldn't ever know about skin tags causing pain as bad as the fissure .I put some Silver Curad cream on my area and it made it worse more .I m striving to moderate my health issue(AF), but after a few good days I still get either diarrhea or constipation. I m very disappointed with all of these changes ;diet , medication , trying lot of creams ect, and then no hope?? it is really turning life to hell .I really don't know what I m suppose to do. Sometimes I wonder why we haven't ever gotten education about this evil anal fissure; which I have never heard of until my rear tore up, why the society ;especially our parent ,didn't informed us about it. For example , HIV , at least to be warned . It seems like we are the only unlucky people who get it . Sorry about my negativity, but I think my mind is still in a state of shock after being a healthy and hardworking individual .

This is my update .I want to thank everybody here for their support . :vse:
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Re: My anal fissure Story

Postby hurtinend » 19 Jul 2015, 12:49

This is a crazy condition. My dad was a medical doctor, retired in 1990. When in practice he never had heard of an anal fissure, nor did he encounter a patient who had one. Yes, that's what he told me.

Is this a modern day condition, caused by our lifestyles or other factors?

For me, diet has done nothing as far as curing the condition. I have taken every cream ,herbs, salves , sitz baths, enemas, pills, also, Ayurveda.....homeopathy

I wish you well, all I can suggest it try to have normal bm's, and avoid constipation or diarrhea
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby jay1975 » 19 Jul 2015, 14:58

Hey salamon555, I can sympathize 1000% !

This condition has the potential to completely ruin lives. I can't offer much advice as I'm just now beginning my healing journey. All I can say is that for now my life is completely on hold until I can get a handle on this condition. Try to keep your sanity and for gods sake do what you need to do to have at least a little comfort in your life.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby hayleyw » 20 Jul 2015, 12:10

Glad you're feeling better. Personally i've been told I need a sigmoidoscopy and they have tried and failed to give me one already. My problem is that putting anything up my bum is agony because it's forcing open the fissure. I can't imagine tolerating the scope they want to put up there. How did you cope can I ask? Was it very painful. I was offered sedation but told it wouldn't make the pain any better, it would only make me feel sleepy. Sounds pretty useless to me then. My fissure is a few cms up my rectum and not visible at all on the outside. I only know where it is because I can feel it. Maybe the location makes it more painful for me to tolerate probing.

As far as lifestyle goes. I don't know really. It came pretty randomly for me. I don't remember a period of ever being chronically constipated or having diarrhoea. No kids either. I'm 24 and generally very healthy. It came out the blue for me. I've never been a strainer on the loo. I don't get it but I guess it only has to one time.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby msimon » 22 Jul 2015, 02:31

Do you have bleeding? How do you know what you feel is a fissure?

I would insist on being put under and scoped. That is what any reputable CRS should do, IMO.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 07 Aug 2015, 23:11

Hi you all, back again with some updates. I have been doing the same: different day but the same problem up and down. I"ve noticed that my BM's are getting smoother and easier to pass,but with some discomfort, but to do this,I have to cut my food quantities. I dont know for how long I will have to do this, but at least it reduces the pain. In the morning I eat one apple, and take a cupful of Miralax with 8oz of water or juice.Then I walk for 10 or 15 minutes and I eat some boiled vegetables. For lunch ,I eat some avocado plus yogurt:(activia brand] , so this is the only protein I get everyday. Sometimes I eat one boiled egg,and at supper I eat some fruit and of course lots of water! I recently stopped taking stool softener docusate Sodium 100mg . I don"t know if this plan is harmful for me,but . I really hope that one day the healthcare researchers will find a magic solution for AF, to vanish this slow torture and let us be normal as we once were! Anyway, I'm getting frustrated and depressed with this chronic up and down pain.It is affecting my quality of life, to the point of feeling useless. Like I said before, I had to reschedule the colonoscopy, but now I decided to have it done on the 11th ,.I want to make sure there is no more further issues in my colon. I am still concerned about the side affects of the colonoscopy and I really need somebody who has had this procedure to let me know how they felt,and did the procedure worsen their fissure.If it did,how long did it take the fissure to re-heal,or at least be barely tolerable.It is really hard to ask people in person about this situation,because a lot of people are rather embarrassed about it.The Doctor's and Nurses will tell you that is will be ok ,but then again,they don't have a fissure!I really am truly,truly grateful that I have found this site and am able to get information and support!I know I have said this many times,but I truly mean this and will be ever grateful. :thanx:
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jay1975 » 08 Aug 2015, 06:12

Hey salamon555,

I also have a colonoscopy in the near future. I need to schedule it, and I want to push it out for at least a month to give my AF a change to heal, so I'll probably have it done after you've had yours.

..Please come back and let us know how the colonoscopy went.. Thx !!
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby salamon555 » 11 Aug 2015, 17:13

I just came today from the colonoscopy test , thank God the doctor confirmed that everything looks good besides a medium sized fissure , he said to continue using Nifepidine for an other month ,if it doesn't work well he will preform the surgery , honestly Im trying to avoid it as much as I could even though he said the only option he can do for my fissure to be healed is the surgery .
After the procedure is done my fissure start acting up . In my opinion reasonably I should have wait until either my fissure get healed or approached a dead end , But I think my personal experience will be some how considerable for some fissure suffers . right now Im taking some pain pill but it seems no help , is there any advice please ? Thx
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby salamon555 » 14 Aug 2015, 13:05

Today 4 day since the colonoscopy and finally had a small BM with blood and it was hell but I brought it to myself after I was improving, I remember within this last 3 month I use to take care of my butt ( sorry about this graphic ) I used to insert a coconut oil suppository to lubricate the area with no pain, but now no way. I can not even touch it and I find myself helpless. i'm so despaired I can not put any cream on my anus. The door to hell was reopened for me again and I felt I have been dragged to it for more torture.
Please somebody judge me am I wrong ??? the second visit to my CRS I mentioned to him that I was bleeding and felt pain in upper of my anus , he recommended to do a colonoscopy to get a clear look,with some hesitation I had to reschedial it to avoid any farder damage but recently I found a small lumps in my rectum and wanted to get them checked out.I was afraid that I had a fistula and wanted to check this out also.I was sick with worry and uncertainty as to what was going on;so I had to have the colonoscopy,but now am back to square one.I think It will take some time to get back to where I was,but at least I know somewhat of what works and what doesn't .Right now it all seems insurmountable as I can't even finish going to the bathroom.This is forefront to me at this moment. my conclusion is the colonoscopy did it. How lucky I am :(
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 14 Aug 2015, 18:10

I'm so sorry salamon. I know you are filled with regret right now but you had to know. I totally understand that you needed to get the colonoscopy to put your mind at ease. Is there any way you could go back to that Doctor and ask about if botox or surgery is an option? It may just be a matter of time again, though. It seems you were doing better...I hope things start to improve for you real soon. You got there before, you can do it again.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64