Fissurectomy- 6 days later.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissurectomy- 6 days later.

Postby caliman » 15 Jul 2012, 23:22

I was taking 2 norco tablets every four hours for the first 3 days. Now i take one when I feel any sort of pain. The first 4 days were hell when having a BM, I was constipated, the doctor said it was the meds. Yesterday, day 5, I felt like I was going to die of pain, I took 1 tablet, fell asleep late. Today, day 6, I feel almost no pain except when I have a BM, I feel minor pain. My stools are softer, which is helping a lot. I am taking miralax, metamucil, cactus juice, lots of water, and eating light. I have noticed that I am leaking and my "poops" are mucousy and clear, like jelly. Does anyone know what this is?
caliman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Fissurectomy- 6 days later.

Postby Sue27uk » 18 Jul 2012, 13:54

The mucous can be a sign of a fissure, can also be a sign of IBS. I don't think thats much to worry about though, I have had this before! It may just be because you are healing, all sorts of strange things have happened with me. As long as its clear I think thats a good sign. Glad you are feeling better and not having as much pain, I hope things keep on improving for you :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Fissurectomy- 6 days later.

Postby Sue27uk » 18 Jul 2012, 13:55

Didn't realise you were having a fissurectomy btw, thought it was LIS! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21