fissurectomy / botox

infection?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

fissurectomy / botox

Postby backagain » 29 Dec 2013, 01:00

Hello all, I just had my second fissurectomy and botox. I'm having a lot of stinging at the surgery site. He put a stitch or two in the fissure area after cauterizing the edges of scar tissue. I'm worried about infection. I am using wet wipes, taking baths, and using antibiotic cream, but I'm having a lot of stinging and I see there is a bump forming at the fissure site. I can't remember if this happened last time or not. The bump is not black and blue or anything, it is just inflamed looking. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with infection following surgery and what to be on the lookout for or what it would feel like. I'm pretty sore, but have been able to move around, drive, go out to eat, etc. on day 2 following surgery. I'm taking pain med and stool softener which seem to help.

Thanks!
backagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: fissurectomy / botox

Postby pinpin » 30 Dec 2013, 04:18

Hi,

I didn't experience infection, but as per my reading experience symptoms are following:
1. Redness of the related skin
2. Sometimes temperature is higher
3. Pain is not really stinging, but more jerking, like something is pulsing inside.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good