Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fistulectomy post-op-day 8

Postby afugh!! » 17 Jan 2011, 00:33

Thanks everyone.You're right dawn it was sure worth it.11 weeks ago it was driving me crazy and my bum was just going haywire.This is the first time in over 8 months I wasn't growing something or leaking something out my arse.All quiet on the fissure front as well so I'm going to enjoy life as much as I can before another butt problem returns :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Rei » 17 Jan 2011, 18:53

Wow!! Congratulations afugh. My fistula surgery has almost healed too with very minimal leakage. I'm so happy for the signs of recovery. Now we should say goodbye to that kind of surgery and start preventing it Image
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Jan 2011, 12:41

Jeff, this is awesome news! So aside from the fistula that's now history, any problems with the fissure or did that resolve itself too? Either way, glad to hear about the uptick in things.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby afugh!! » 19 Jan 2011, 18:41

The fissure has not returned,my last re-tear wasn't really big and I think the two months of nitro use before my surgery healed it.I also think the incision on the abcess helped loosen the skin down there for a moment and plus I've been sitz bathing it like a motha*@#! after the surgery :) .I wouldn't be surprised if I re-tear it in the future but the best thing I can do for now is stick with my diet and stool softeners to prevent it and enjoy my time without butt problems.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rei » 23 Jan 2011, 19:17

Hello guys.
I think I'm 99% healed! I'm so happy I'm recovering quite fast (perhaps because of my age: 21). The area where the fistula was excised has completely healed while my anus I think is 99% healed from my hemorrhoidectomy surgery because there is still a tiny amount of drainage and I'm still wearing pads. Good thing I'm following my mom's advice which is not to look at my bottom but I couldn't resist it until just recently, I've used a mirror to see what's happening below and I'm quite surprised how it recovered since the first time I saw it @_@.
Here is what I'm doing right now:
-Wash my bottom with warm water before sitting on the toilet to have my BM and do sitz bath and deep breathing after(like what afugh!! just said).
-I walk 20-30 mins every morning and afternoon to let things go back to normal while listening to my iPod. It helps a lot!
I hope everyone is doing good too! :)
Rei
Fibre Addict

Postby happyass » 24 Jan 2011, 12:01

that is great news Rei!
it's great that you are keeping active and taking your walks.
keep up the good work.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby nimitor » 24 Jan 2011, 15:20

How you doing Happyass?Still going good? Thinking of you xxxxxx
nimitor
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby goodbye fistula » 25 Jan 2011, 02:06

hello everyone!
congrats to rei and afugh!! for their recovery!
Many thanks for this site, i have learned a lot and this gave me encouragement while undertaking this chapter in my life.
Thanks Rei for helpful tips and taking time answering my
pm's to you!
I had my fistulectomy, January 14 at Chinese General Hospital here in Philippines, its been 1 week & 4 days since post-op, I'm doing fine now, there is minimum pain and moderate drainage in the wound, i dont take antibiotics anymore, just warm sitz bath two times a day and after BM.
I have learned a lot from this experience, simple lessons like chewing food properly, drinking lots of water and eating food that is both nourishing and good for the body,
"we eat to live, not live to eat" its hard to resist meat dishes here in Philippines, i will miss a lot of them like, chicken inasal, pork lechon, sisig, inihaw na liempo, crispy pata and many more.
goodbye fistula
Fibre Addict

Postby afugh!! » 25 Jan 2011, 07:24

Ah crispy pata and lechon....stop it goodbye fistula your making me hungry for some goodies :) but yeah those dishes are a nono for butt problems.Glad to hear everyone is doing good post-op.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rei » 25 Jan 2011, 07:59

@goodbye fistula
haha! I just ate lechon paksiw yesterday lol.
But it's okay as long as you don't eat those kinds of foods very often just have a balanced diet. Indeed keeping yourself hydrated most of the time is quite important. I usually don't drink enough water when I was younger and my mom yells at me to force me to drink lol
Good thing you've graduated from those packings.
Now I'm encouraging you to avoid looking at it for about 3 weeks to free yourself from worries.
Less hassle and you'll recover in no time. Trust me Image
Rei
Fibre Addict

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?