Good luck tomorrow dawn

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Good luck tomorrow dawn

Postby cherylk » 04 Oct 2010, 15:22

Dawn,
Sorry to hear about the delay. That absolutely stinks!! I just told Dwight to pray for you tomorrow. I'll update him again when I next speak with him.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2010, 16:12

I agree NG. That's exactly what they told me,lol
SC, after the calls I've made to them today, and my daughter and my husband, I think they have an idea of what this is doing to me...lol
I'm also really happy to hear that you feel so positive about your procedure:) I Really, Really needed to hear that!!
I will know tomorrow morning if Wednesday will be the day...
It's kind of weird, I've been crying all day and so nervous and then when I found out it wouldn't be tomorrow, I realized how much I really want this done. I'm kind of ashamed of how I freaked out on them, but they've cancelled on me twice....
Cheryl , I appreciate the prayers so much from you and Dwight :)
I'm seriously ashamed of the ugly things I've said today. I'm just kind of wore thin.

Postby PaulsPain » 04 Oct 2010, 18:12

That is a real bummer to have them cancel again and have a fissure flare. I hope that you are able get in on Wed. Nothing like preparing yourself mentally and having them pull the plug the day before.....
Were you scheduled to have it done in CRS's office and not at the hospital? I assumed LIS's are done in a hospital OR setting.
Hang in there. Just keep thinking that you are close to being on your way to having the fissure banished.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2010, 19:29

Thank you Paul,
It was scheduled at a Endoscopic( not sure how to spell) Surgery Center, but now hopefully at the hospital. I will know tomorrow.
They did give me the option of having it done in the office, they said they rarely ever do that, have only maybe done it maybe twice. I asked if I would feel it and he said yes, it's very painful and I said uh "NO".

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Oct 2010, 00:59

Definitely good call on opting not to do it in the office haha Image Even if you have to wait a few more weeks it'll be well worth it for a proper setting.
But personally I'm guessing they'll be able to squeeze you in on Wednesday and it'll be all systems go as planned (or close enough anyhow :)). I'll look forward to hearing the good news in the morning!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 05 Oct 2010, 04:19

I had my surgery date cancelled several times and know exactly how you feel, hopefully you'll get in on wednesday and get it sorted! I'll be here in tomorrow waiting for the news..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2010, 14:16

Thank you Steve.
Looks like it's not going to happen until the 19th. I'm so depressed.
I guess you know how it feels... I'm so tired of this miserable existence I've had for 8 months. I don't know how so many have dealt with this much longer :oops:
I think it would be easier if my butt didn't hurt so bad right now.

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2010, 14:33

NeuropathicGuy wrote:Definitely good call on opting not to do it in the office haha Image Even if you have to wait a few more weeks it'll be well worth it for a proper setting.
But personally I'm guessing they'll be able to squeeze you in on Wednesday and it'll be all systems go as planned (or close enough anyhow :)). I'll look forward to hearing the good news in the morning!

Ng, I don't have insurance and I needed to pay 5,000 up front to get it done at the hospital Wednesday. I was hoping they'd take a couple of thousand up-front, but they won't. Image
Yeah I agree the office isn't gonna happen Image

Postby Philber » 05 Oct 2010, 18:14

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay Dawn. But don't worry - you'll get it done and all will be well. I bet you had a flare-up because of the added stress caused by the surgery and then the cancellation. Stress was always really bad for my fissure/roids, and anything to do with the butt doctor was stressful. Even though we might be looking forward to having the surgery done, the whole thing is very stressful.
Look at this as an opportunity to use the next two weeks to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the surgery. If there are any relaxation techniques that work for you, use them.
I was a mess the day I went in for surgery. It was probably the worst fissure day I ever had. And then, soon, everything was beautiful. Now, nine weeks later, I rarely think about my butt.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 428 » 14 Oct 2010, 17:30

We are all still here for you Dawn. Try to have a good weekend and try NOT to stress about the procedure too much. It will all be behind you before you know it and you will be thanking God that you did this. Believe me.
Deleted User 428