Good Luck tomorrow SmallChange!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Good Luck tomorrow SmallChange!!

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 07:15

Just wanted to wish you luck with your Lis tomorrow and let you know that we are here to support you!! Image

Re: Good Luck tomorrow SmallChange!!

Postby Deleted User 428 » 23 Sep 2010, 09:42

Thank you very much Dawn. Your support has been wonderful. I'm hoping that I can come in tomorrow and really ease your mind even more about the whole LIS experience.
It's odd but I'm not even nervous about this. I was a basket case when I had my dental surgery in April which kicked off this whole mess in the first place. But with this, I think I just want it over with and I've accepted that I can deal with another few weeks of discomfort to resolve the whole issue once and for all. I had so much pain driving into the CRS yesterday I would have gladly had him do it right there in his exam room.
Anyway, thanks again and thanks to all who have posted here. The support and advice here is priceless. Everyone of us here at some point felt alone and isolated with this condition until we stumbled on this forum. I thank God I found it.
Deleted User 428

Postby StevePain » 23 Sep 2010, 10:17

Good luck with the surgery, stay positive and look forward to having a new ass Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 23 Sep 2010, 11:33

Just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck tomorrow as well SmallChange :) I read your other post and getting on an airplane after 9 days afterward sounds *highly* optimistic to me as well, but it's not impossible, and maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who bounces right back. Even if you have to take the trip and still don't feel well, you should be able to get by with the right painkillers. I'll look forward to reading about how you're doing. Also, take it easy right after the procedure -- I felt like a million bucks when I came home and was sitting right on my ass and everything, but later on I figured out that was just because of the anesthesia Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 12:08

I'm hoping you can ease my mind too- to be honest,lol
I have to have the skin tag removal too so that may make things different. Like NG and others have said tomorrow can kind of be deceiving of what the next days will be but I know you will do fine. I think staying positive is very important. I know you are realistic about this and I look forward to reading how it goes...
Do you have to do a bowel prep before surgery? My crs isn't making me but I am a little worried that I'll have to have a bm after I get home if I don't have one before going...
I think the pain can be kind of a driving force to get this done. I feel good this week and I'm happy about it because I'm getting things done but It also makes it a little scarier for me because I know I will feel worse when the surgery is done. I can set, drive or whatever I want at this point. My worse episodes with this fissure was in May, since then the retears haven't been as disabling...

Postby Deleted User 428 » 23 Sep 2010, 12:53

No bowel prep for me either. I also had that same thought in mind about a BM right after the surgery. I go at 6:30 am to check in and then the procedure is at 8:30. I am out of the room at 8:45. I know this because my daughter is a nurse in this center and she saw the schedule. I'm pretty sure I won't have a BM in that morning window so I'm taking precautions today. I'm going light on the food side. I had a pretty normal breakfast (cereal and toast). For lunch I plan on a small bowl of soup and somthing similar for dinner. If it does happen right after the surgery I certainly don't want something huge. I was told nothing by mouth after midnight. That includes water, gum breath mints...nothing.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 13:29

Hey SC,
You probably need to be sure and take your stool softeners before midnight too.
I have read about others having a BM the same day and I really don't think one day to the next will make that much of a difference. Just don't hold it and do everything today before midnight that will make it soft when it does come.
I've read about others taking their pain meds 20 min before and running the bath to jump in?! Just don't eat anything that can constipate you or make your stools hard after surgery...
You maybe one of the ones who were surprised with how well it went. I think you are going to do fine.
Are you having your surgery at the hospital or a surgical center? It's good that you get to go early. Mine will be at 12:15 in the afternoon. I'm not crazy about the time. Did your doctor tell you what pain meds you will be given?
Well, take care. I will be praying for you and you are on your way to normal life again Image

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 13:44

Hey I just want to add if you're really worried about having the bm the same day, you can always still do your own bowel prep? I'm still contemplating if I may do that... I don't know for sure though.

Postby StevePain » 23 Sep 2010, 13:45

A bowel prep isn't required for rectal surgery as they are only viewing the rectum, no further, unless you haven't opened your bowels for a day or so which is highly unlikely for any of us here lol Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 13:47

Hey Steve,
Did you have a bm the day after surgery?