Greetings.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Greetings.

Postby wheeldog » 24 May 2013, 09:32

Hi... I've had an anal fissure that was healed but recently re-opened. After the recent re-opening I found I have developed additional tags (there was only one before, now it feels like there are three). I feel like I can't sit down, can't wear normal underwear... I'm a woman and I am wearing only boxer shorts, and loose baggy pants. It feels like there are inflamed testicals, and my doctor can't see me until Teusday. I'm on the diltiazem gel, using Metamucil and taking warm baths etc. Also using Lidocaine to dull the pain, but it's not really working. the last time I had this pain, the doc prescribed Nitro but now I'm told the drug companies got upset about patent infringment (I'm in the USA) and NITRO is 500 dollars as opposed to 50 for the diltiazem, which causes such severe itching.
I can't work, I can't do much of anything really. Image
Just trying to convince my partner of my pain is difficult. People think I'm making it up. I can't ride my bike, and sitting on the bus is a real drag. Thanks for listening, no one wants to hear about my butt driving me crazy lol
wheeldog

Topics: 1

Re: Greetings.

Postby Ever the Optimist » 25 May 2013, 14:18

Hi Wheeldog,
Sorry to read you have returned to debilitating times and it's never easy to convince others of the pain you are suffering because unless they've had a fissure themselves, they will NEVER understand how painful it actually is and yes, they do tire of it after a while, unless truly understanding.....I guess until Tuesday, you won't know for certain exactly what is going on down there and it is a CRS you are seeing? - Not just a regular GP? Three extremely painful "skin tags" sounds a little unusual to me. Skin tags are not normally particularly painful or inflamed - I'm kind of wondering whether it might be thrombosed hemmorhoids you might be dealing with as these can be really painful?? I would suggest perhaps try applying an icepack on the area to provide relief or simply showering with a cold spray -
RE the fissure, you know what you have to do, I'm sure, to provide you with the meantime relief that you need until you can get medical assistance. Try applying Vaseline pre-BM's to help protect the area and I find Coconut Oil very soothing afterwards (some swear by Manuka Honey) Take Painkillers to take the edge of that raw pain, eat all the softest fissure friendly foods you can to maintain softer than soft stools and drink, drink, drink LOTS of water.......
Do not strain in the slightest on the loo!!
Beg for the Nitro if you have to!!!!!!!
All the very best to you and hoping you get some much-needed help on Tuesday! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again