Has anyone had bleeding a full day after a BM?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone had bleeding a full day after a BM?

Postby MirandaYvonne » 23 Nov 2020, 12:27

I had a BM yesterday morning. Didn’t see any blood at the time, but I had some burning for a while after. I’ve been using Nifedipine for a while to try to heal my AF so I put that on it. Saw no issues rest of night.
It’s now the next morning, and I wiped back there just to make sure I got the medicine off, and I’m bleeding! It appears to be new blood too, doesn’t seem to be blood just mixed in with the Nifedipine cream (though I could be wrong). Can AF bleed without having a BM to cause the trauma? Is it perhaps infected and maybe that’s why it’s bleeding? I’m having no pain right now either. Just panicking because it seems to be bleeding out of no where. Any insight is appreciated.
MirandaYvonne
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Has anyone had bleeding a full day after a BM?

Postby Savaici » 25 Nov 2020, 20:15

Bright red blood, no problem. Anything else, see a doctor.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Has anyone had bleeding a full day after a BM?

Postby Lin_2010 » 25 Jan 2021, 21:13

I second Savaici's note. But to your comment, I have had experiences too where I bled again long after a BM, usually triggered by something. Once I was just walking to work and I felt pain in the fissure area. The walk alone caused some bleeding. Another time, I was putting cream on the fissure and just that action alone caused it to start bleeding again. That time I felt no pain. I'm so so gentle with that area these days for fear of causing it to bleed.
Lin_2010
Salt Bather

Topics: 4