has anyone had success with nitro cream??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: has anyone had success with nitro cream??

Postby Guest » 06 May 2007, 06:36

Well, I think perhaps it will be more widely adopted if it gets FDA approval for use in AF. Right now it is an "off label" use and there is not a lot of long term clinical data on its use for this purpose and it is not covered by health insurance.
If we lived closer we could pool our resources and buy a bottle of botox and get it all done the same day. You have to buy the whole vial which is expensive because they can't save it once it is open!
(I bet my grandma has some old homemade jar of figs back in her pantry that has botulism in it for free, yuck!)Image

Postby dano » 06 May 2007, 21:57

hey Lecia...i'll let you test rub those old figs on your rear first! let me know how it goes!!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 07 May 2007, 06:06

Yeah, right....If you don't hear back from me you know something went tragically wrong! Image

Postby Guest » 08 May 2007, 21:16

I went to a preferred provider of my insurance, he preformed botox injections 2 times. Because I went to the right Dr. and he did the work......insurance paid it. Yippie...times 2 even Bill

Postby dano » 09 May 2007, 22:08

im gonna bring up botox at the end of the month,my next appt.would be worth a try,unless its tons of money.if i knew it would work itd be worth it,it would suck to pay alot for the injections and have them wear off and not have fixed anything.i like the old JD tractor.my grandfather had a case dealership in the late 50's but he sold it.we use to have all these old case tractors in our barn,now just 3,the others got sold years ago...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 May 2007, 10:53

I believe the success rate for botox is roughly the same as it is for the calcium channel blockers (nefedipine and diltiazem) around 60% give or take some percentage points.
It is my unerstanding that usually insurance doesn't pay for it like the other two, making it somewhat expensive.
I agree, it would be bad if you paid out the arse for the injections only to find a couple months later they didn't work..
Deleted User 5

Postby dano » 10 May 2007, 20:57

any idea on how much they cost? you could tell me $50..or $500 i wouldnt have a clue on what to guess...60% chance is probably worth trying if they werent to expensive....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist