Has Diltiazem ever made you worse?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has Diltiazem ever made you worse?

Postby lurker53 » 17 Sep 2011, 12:21

Just wondering because after starting to use it three times a day since Monday, it is now Saturday and I am in spasm and having sniper pains down there. I stopped using it late last night because it was causing the skin to be sensitive and thinned out and I was in spasm anyhow on Friday.
Just curious if anyone else has had Dilt make things worse other than the itch I hear everyone talk about. My BMs are soft, I am regular, the only difference is that the last two days I've had to wipe (using wet wipes, probably not best idea but the TP at hotels is so thin and I am traveling for work) and maybe that has aggravated things (I shower after at home).
This is maddening. Image
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Has Diltiazem ever made you worse?

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Sep 2011, 17:43

M... pm'd ur messages twice now and they haven't gone?? Don't know what's up with site????????? sorry!! Main crux of message, do what u just typed me and hold on in there!! Ur not alone Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Jimoffy » 05 Nov 2017, 13:13

It didn’t make mine worse, but didn’t heal it and it irritated my anus so bad I had a red rash up my whole thigh and little itchy bumps all around my anus. Went away the day I stopped using ig
Jimoffy
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby dmcff » 06 Nov 2017, 03:11

Diltiazem gave me a rash. Nitro doesn't do that to me, but there are times when I find that really it's better not to put anything down there. The trick for long-term stability seems to be keeping the stool soft, and avoiding foods and drinks that are irritating. Not always easy to achieve.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT scan, EUA and sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI scans - 4 hospital stays - severe to low pain
2016 Anal fissure - pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Return of moderate pain
2018 Physiotherapy, pain management
2019-20 Just living with it
dmcff

Topics: 37

Postby Joeyb » 07 Nov 2017, 06:59

I agree dmcf that sometimes not putting any gels or ointments down there relieves a lot of issues. I personally think that it can be so wet and damp from meds that it doesn't heal as fast. Also, stool softener and miralax helps tremendously. Thanks
Joeyb

Topics: 1