Has this every happened to anyone before???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Has this every happened to anyone before???

Postby Guest » 16 Dec 2007, 11:08

You mentioned that you had a skin tag removed? Do you think that is what is causing you pain from having that taken off? Is the pain inside or outside?

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Dec 2007, 14:03

I am sorry KIM to hear that you got some irritation now, must be unnerving to see anything going down there after such a long time and "normal life". Did you ever go to see your CRS after surgery ? I would go if I were you - just to be on the safe side. You want to know where it is coming from : (. Did you have any unusual bowel movement lately or something like that? But, you know, I would say - as long as does not hurt..... ; ) ! I am at that point - just give me pain free pooping -- don't care about anything else !
BTW, thanks again for the words of encouragement regarding my LIS . I am trying not to think about it and at the same time find as much info about post op. I read your story about recovery from the last year - you were lucky to stay at hospital till you at least recovered somewhat - I will be discharged as soon as I wake up from twilight and will have to deal with " peeing" myself.
Kim, do you still use stool softeners or you just eat lots of extra fiber ?
Hope your spotting will stop as suddenly as it came !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 16 Dec 2007, 14:42

Johnny, I would recommend to stop the TUCKS pads.
Try simply the Charmin Freshmates and maybe keep them in the fridge when you need something cool to apply down there.
I'll chime in and say that sometimes when I had bled, I was as good as new the next day. Laverne or Shirley must have been on their period! Hahahahaha!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Dec 2007, 15:14

Fissulyna, I am fine, really. I went for two post-op check-ups, but not since. I was referring to the first several months after my LIS, while the fissure was healing. I did have some slight blood about a month ago, but it was after a big, bulky hard BM. I have been fine ever since.
Fissy, I think most people don't have the problem with peeing like I did. I wouldn't sweat that. But I think you should get an overnight stay. I still don't know why some doctors have their patients stay overnight, while so many don't.
But overall, I am 99.99% better one year out, and I have been GREAT for the past year.
Fissy, I stopped with the Stool softeners one month after my LIS, but I make sure I eat my 5-9 servings of fruit and veggies everyday. Theres my fiber!
I think it is about time for a pomegranate!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Dec 2007, 17:09

Thank you KIM XOXO,
You give me great hope with your encouraging letters : ) ! I will have my procedure done as in "surgy-center" - which is not a hospital, so they will be "booting out" me as soon as I can walk . They already mentioned that I might have problem with urination because of the swelling down there which will occur after the cutting , and told me just to sit in a tub full of warm water and pee while submerged. If not, I will than have to go back and have them put catheter in. BUT, one has to do what one has to do, right ? : ) I hope that my LIS will be as successful as yours, (sigh...) I just must get on my feet and take care of my family, not to mention elderly mother who still lives in Europe and didn't see us in 2 years : (((((. How I wish I can travel this summer and see her, you know , she is almost 70 and can't travel herself. I am doing this among other reasons so that I can travel and not be terrified the whole time if I will open new fissure while there - I mean, it would be nightmare !!!!
My neck and back started hurting again since I got new fissure - because again I sit in abnormal positions and I sit a LOT - which is making my back problems worse ! I just hope that they wouldn't cut too much and make me "toot" all the time, but this doctor is supposedly very good, so lets see.
I also like to hear that you do not have to use any of those softeners any more , and basically can have normal healthy diet : )))) ! Well, the D-day is coming soon - only 4 more days !!!!! I hope I will survive that first dreaded BM : (. Really Kim, after that first one, did everything start going to be better. Did you still feel the fissure for a while or just incision sight pain ?
Thanks buddy for everything. I am trying to stay cool but I think Wednesday (the day before) I will start freaking out.
BIG HUG Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Dec 2007, 17:18

(. Really Kim, after that first one, did
everything start going to be better. Did you still feel the fissure for
a while or just incision sight pain ?

The fissure itself never really gave me pain much. It wasn't the BM that hurt, but the spasms afterwards. So as soon as I got the LIS (and got over those first couple BMs) I was just sore from the surgery. But it is sheer heck to have been cut down there and then get constipated, which is basically what happened to me. Just don't let *that* happen and you'll be fine!
Thanks buddy for everything. I am trying to stay cool but I think Wednesday (the day before) I will start freaking out.
That is what I believed about myself, but I got a very strange calm just before my surgery(ies) and I was not afraid. You're gonna be okeedokee, and once you get over the recovery period, your life is going to be back on track! I just know it!Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Dec 2007, 17:36

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawe KIM, you are the BEST XOXO !!!!! I really need somebody to believe that this "move" is right one since I wonder still should i wait a little more - but that would be ridiculous after all I tried - healed completely and opened a NEW one ! My muscle just got into some permanent over spasming condition and it needs to be "put in place" so to speak.
It is interesting that you did not have pain during BM - oh boy - any time I go I "give birth to pineapple" , that is how much it hurts : (((((, although my BM is medium soft, no hard tip, not even bulky : (. Spasming is there all the time - not as painful as with my anterior fissure, but I know it is there- when you can't even pass the gass without much effort - well, it s there ....
Did your Doc tell you to stop using any herbal supplements or medications prior the surgery ? Mine is very "nonchalant" regarding that, but I know that some surgeons don't like patients taking some stuff even a week ahead.
Thanks a bunch my friend - maybe I will visit Australia one day too : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Dec 2007, 18:37

No, I have heard people describe this excrutiating agony of passing a stool like passing spikes of glass shards. Horrible sounding pain, but I never had much pain diring the BM (except some burning on the occasion of a loose stool). But the spasms kicked in every day for hours. Anout 30-90 minutes after the BM.
I was told not to take my supplements, yes. But they didn't make any big deal anout it, it was just one of the things written on their handout.
I would get spasming regardless of my stool consistency, unless there was just VERY little of it. I noticed, too, that on the days I took a second BM, I didn't usually get any spasming from that. Very strange.
So, your procedure is this wednesday?
Now, what's this business about Australia?
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Dec 2007, 18:55

Sorry Kimmy - for some reason I always thought you are a "ahoy mate " guy : ) ?!? Did I mixed up something ??? Sorry if I did, ha ha, well, where are you than located : ) ?
No, my procedure is Thursday ( keh ...keh..I see how you read ALL of my posts, ha ha ha JK...JK.. , who would have a time to read my "epic" stories ; ))). BUT, I think that Wednesday it will "hit me" ; ), the reality of it all (brrrrrrrrrr...).
Can you tell me if you used any kind of dressing o your wound or any kind of antibiotic cream and such. Was there a lot of bleeding ?
Thank you for telling me about supplements, I was wondering because fish oil and garlic are blood thinners and I surely don't need that to interfere with my healing. Vit. C can interfere with local anesthetics, I just found out !!!! So, off the supplements I go !
Do you think your pain meds. caused your constipation ? Do you have any idea how to prevent it ? Would MOM help if I take it every day?
Image :}{:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Dec 2007, 20:32

Naw, I'm just from plain old Georgia, USA.
BUT, I think that Wednesday it will "hit me" ; ), the reality of it all (brrrrrrrrrr...). Well, get your mind off of it all you can. Think of it as them taking out a splinter! No, OK, I know that won't work!
Yes, I do think the pain meds helped cause my constipation, I got LOTS while I was in the hospital but I shouldn't have asked for as much as they offered! Image Plus I just went right off the diet, because I was thinking, "OK, they offered me normal junkfood like burgers while I was in the hospital, that stuff must be OK!" But it wasn't Ok!!
Yes, it cannot hurt one whit to get off the supplements. The good they do is outweighed by the potential side effects; you can start them back pretty soon anyway!
I think I would probably take the MOM or whatever might keep you regular the days immediately following the procedure. Why not? I have heard MANY people who just had LIS say that the first BM was no problem at all. I caused my own problems with the pain meds and falling off the diet.
While I was in the hospital they has a loose dressing on my tail which the nurse(s) checked occasionally. Off it came right before I checked out.
Deleted User 5