Healing... slowly

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Healing... slowly

Postby ouch_88 » 13 Feb 2017, 11:00

Hi everyone - hope you're all doing well

It's been a while since I've posted so I'll provide a brief summary of my anal fissure story so far:
• First symptoms of anal fissure end of October 2016 after bad straining episode - blood in stools and pain during and after BM's (not experienced spasms as far as I can tell)
• initially incorrectly diagnosed with hemmarrohid
• prescribed Fybogel to make my stools easy to pass (still taking twice a day)
• back and forth to doctor over past few months to check progress of healing, assured it is getting there but taking a frustratingly long time
• no blood since end of 2016
• last visit to doc I was told it is definitely healing, but slowly; apparently the wound does not look as deep or "raw" as before

So, seems like after nearly 4 months I am (finally) on the mend.

I am just wondering what experiences others have had during the later stages of healing. I feel like my pain has gone from excruciating glass cutting type pain, to very sore scratchy type pain, and now to more of an aching pain shortly after BM's, but only sometimes. I also experience occasional itchyness. I don't have much pain during BM's, but I can feel there is something there, scar tissue I'm guessing. I also feel like it flares up if I am stressed. From reading other people's stories on here I know I need to be patient, and that it may take many more months before I am back to normal completely. Just looking for any advice to make sure I keep moving in the right direction! Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated :)
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Healing... slowly

Postby paine » 01 Mar 2017, 17:32

Hi ouch 88. I think if you are feeling less pain each day then you are healing. Then less pain = less thinking about anus = living the normal life. Just dont forget to make your stool soft. Good luck!
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby positivesun » 02 Mar 2017, 15:51

Been on this journey since Feb of last year. The point I am at now is no pain during bowel movement, but I always have a constant feeling there that something isn't right. Usually feels like a scratchy prickly feeling. Supposedly I am healed but this is a non stop sensation that is very annoying
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby simplebutt » 10 Mar 2017, 11:16

I am in the same boat! 1.5 years and pain from each flare up has been going down. Sitz bath and nitro for me. And of course fiber and MOM. Hope that is how it heals.
simplebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Loy » 26 Jul 2022, 20:31

Hi I am in the same boat. Need some help desperately. Had a fissure in October 21 that became a fistula by December. Had fistulotomy in December and my wound pretty much looks the same since then. I do have constant soreness and sitting is uncomfortable. No issues with BMs. Have had two silver nitrates for granulation. Have tried sitz and nipefidine ...made no difference. Crs on the path to suggesting LIS though another one suggested debridement. Just tired of not being able to heal. Any advice is appreciated!!
Loy

Topics: 2