Healing with Miralax

Discuss who has healed with a LAx

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing with Miralax

Postby TX1984 » 07 Dec 2016, 23:29

Hi fellow board members. I am curious if anyone here has healed a fissure by taking Miralax (or something equivalent) for an extended period of time? Then were you able to quit the Miralax and stay healed? Anyone fit this category or know someone who has? How long did you take it for?

I am going thru this now. So curious what the chance of success is. I am thinking it will take months and months. Then the key will be to get off the stuff.

-TX
TX1984
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Healing with Miralax

Postby Qtbutton28 » 08 Dec 2016, 09:44

After taking miralax I was healed within a couple weeks. I started the miralax a few months ago so can't say much about how to get off it. I'm ok with staying on it as I haven't been this comfortable in years. My dr. isnt concerned about me staying on it long term luckily! Good luck
Qtbutton28
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Healing with Miralax

Postby TX1984 » 08 Dec 2016, 11:15

Thanks for the response QT.

Miralax heals me in about 2 weeks (no pain/blood). Then when I get off it rips back open pretty soon after. I think I will take a base dosage (about 1 teaspoon) for 4-6 months and then attempt to get off slowly. This way I can adjust fiber intake and what I what based on stools. I don't mind taking ever once in awhile (traveling, bad week of eating, etc.), I just don't like to take something every day (even if small dosage).

-TX
TX1984
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3