Hello I have a BM question...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hello I have a BM question...

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007, 17:53

Hello,
I have been having 2 BMs everyday. I get up in the morning 6:00-6:30am and start to eat my cereal and I have to go. I don't hold it I go when the urge hits me. It's formed but soft and very little pain. After I eat I go to get ready for work and I sit in the tub and within 45 mins I have to go again. This time it's very soft and mushy. After that I will sit in the tub for about 20 mor mins and then I am good to go the rest of that day. I have my BMs in the morning and thats it. Does that sound normal? I have been doing this for about 2 weeks. Why do I go twice within an hour why does it not come out all at once? Image
Thanks Patty

Re: Hello I have a BM question...

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007, 17:57

I wonder if it is related to the botox and the temporary paralysis of part of the sphincter? Maybe that affects the feedback between the bowels and brain?
That would be frustrating not to get it all out at once but it is good you don't sit there and strain. I know quite a few people who have to go twice within a short period of time. For them it is normal. If it isn't a normal schedule for you your body will get back to its routine. Our bodies seem to have a doing that.
Don't worry, be happy! :D

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007, 18:24

Lecia,
Thanks, I feel pretty normal. Well as normal as I can with this AF. LOL. At least I get my BM out of of the way in the morning. I will keep up my routine and see what happens. I am happy because I have tolerable pain :). I only hope this keeps up for awhile. Anyways how are you doing are you feeling ok after your surgery?
Patty

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Thanks for asking, Patty. I am fine after the hernia surgery but have to go to the CRS tomorrow for a thrombosis. I don't know if she will end up taking it out or not but I have been in pain for a week. I totally want to trade butts with someone.

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2007, 07:44

How do you know if you have a thrombosis? Do you have to have a colonoscopy? You know, it seems like many people don't just deal with the fissure, but have MMPs--- multiple medical problems. I have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue syndrome.... and I am bi-polar...
I am sorry you had to have surgery. I have had my gall bladder removed, my appendix removed, a complete hysterectomy.... Surgery is hard to bounce back from!
*hugs*
vampyre_girl

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2007, 07:51

They can see a thrombosis just by inspection or by anoscopy. Mine was right inside the anus so it was visible without any probing. I could tell because it was a hard pea sized nodule that burned and hurt like crazy. The pain is inescapable though I am managing it with advil and vicoprofen or ultram.
I wonder if Ultram Extended Release would be an option for you. It is used for chronic pain and last for a day. I was taking that for awhile. I really think you should ask you doctor about it. It is not a narcotic so I think they feel better about prescribing it.
Yeah, it is hard when you have one thing and a background of MMPs to have to relay to the doctors everytime something new comes up. I feel like I have to give a presentation everytime I go in for something.
I still have some pain from where the mesh was put in for the hernia. I also had a kidney removed when I was 22.
Why did you have to have a hysterectomy if you don't mind me asking?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Sep 2007, 15:46

Patty,
Don't feel bad. I am simply unable to have one BM a day anymore...today I had four and they were all productive.
I know in your case, you don't need to be going often. But sometimes our bowels adjust and acclimate to timing. While it would not be wise to advise you not to go when you have the urge, changing the timing for a week or so might help, maybe not having that first one and waiting until the time for the second, or vie versa. But I would hate for that to cause a hard stool...
Deleted User 5