Help for my daughter

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Help for my daughter

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Apr 2008, 10:51

I have to agree if it has been 6 months. By now the fissure is probably developed scar tissue around the edges and may not heal conservatively, but that is a mere guess.
I had focused on the mention of "three weeks" and had overlooked that she had had it for so long...
Deleted User 5

Re: Help for my daughter

Postby buttgirl » 30 Apr 2008, 12:07

3 weeks is not a long time. If the dr believe's there's good reason for LIS, then she should get it. When one has such sensitivity of skin and with healing being so difficult for EHS patients, LIS may very wel provide the muscle relaxation necessary for healing. Otherwise, I would stick with conservative treatments.
The burning is probably caused by nitrogycerin ointment. It does burn a bit as it dilates the bllod vessels. That's one of the ways you know it's working. On open wounds, it can burn quite badly. I had to stop using it in favor of nifedipine, which doesn't burn.
Also, botox is something I consider a conservative treatment. I had it. it did work to relax the muscle, but one of the injection sites burned like crazy for 3 months. I think the dr shot me through a small hemmie I was developing. Another boardie had no such issues.
As for home remedies, Fissulyna liked white oak bark. I found that drinking a grule of Slippery Elm Bark tea really helped stop the burning. It helps to cut down irritation of mucous membranes. Peppermit tea also helps digestion issues. Emu Oil is great topically to sooth irritation.
Be sure that your daughter is taking enough magnesium and keeping her stools the consistency of mashed potatoes. Otherwise, she is likely re-injuring herself with every BM. Many of us on the board couldn't live without a Tablespoon of Milk of Magnesia each night.
Oh and sitzbaths. be sure she is taking 3-5 sitzbaths a day with a good heap of salt (either epsom salt or iodized salt) in each.
hope she heals quickly!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67