Undiagnosed Pain Need Help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Undiagnosed Pain Need Help!

Postby positivesun » 08 Jan 2017, 03:38

This forum is absolutely a life saver and I appreciate everyone here and any help you might be able to offer. I am desperate and I don't know how long I can go on like this.

I am 25 year old male, my problem started Febuary of 2016 (almost been one year).

I was experimenting with my girlfriend and we decided to use a prostate massager, something I was convinced was perfectly safe.

Looking back at the moment, I don't think my sphincter was relaxed at all (first time using a toy). After insertion, my girlfriend was moving the massage tool side to side with what felt like decent pressure. All of the sudden I got a very sharp piercing pain that shot up from my anal canal, this pain was INTENSE and only lasted a second or two. She kept going as I just played it off as she hit a nerve or something? Then the pain happened a second time, very intense jolting pain, 10/10 pain.

After we were done is when my journey started. Initially I had pain all in my perenium area, very tight, and a tingling/pain sensation in my testicles and penis. With no help from my primary care doctor, I went to get my prostate checked. Everything was fine there too and I was told it was all in my head. I finally went to a Colo rectal surgeon who said he could see two fissure and prescribed me nifedipine.

I have tried practically everything there is to try, besides Botox, surgery, and nitro. I tried various creams, inserts, blow drying the area, Vaseline, baths, no wiping, the nifedipine, DMSO, using no creams at all, having soft stools, fasting, DILATORS ect. with no relief so far.

A subsequent visit to the doctor (about 6 months ago), this time a different one at the same clinic (supposedly the top doctor in Colorado) I was told that my fissures were almost 100% healed. I left happy, but still concerned because of my pain.

So here is where my pain is at now:
On the left side, kinda in the cheek of the anus right where the opening is, there is a pressure type feeling that is constantly there.

ALSO, there is what feels to be a ring around the outside of my anus (external sphincter?, or what is this called) and where that rings connects to my perineum (the area between my testicles and anus) there is a constant nagging, prickling, annoying feeling there when I am walking also kinda feels like a dull golf ball aching type feeling.

I also still get some intense sharp pains that shoot up from my rectum area to my stomach randomly.

Now my doctor says there are no troublesome hemmeroids and my fissures are healed, I have no blood in my stool and although the area feels tight I am still able to have bowel movements and pass gas (although sometimes the pressure feels a bit built up).

When I go to the bathroom, the left side feels like a burning pain sometimes when I have bowel movements. This never happened before this accident.

What are the next steps for me to get this pain figured out? I have no one left to guide me and help me solve this problem. I was thinking physical therapy but I don't know if this is actually a muscle problem, a problem with the external sphincter, or if I have some type of damage or irritation right inside my rectum.

The pain where my perineum meets the anus is definitely the worse. What type of damage could have happened? I have been VERY VERY slowly improving since this all first happened, but the constant sensation has really dulled my quality of life. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated- doctors I might talk to, anyone in a similar situation, if there is a chance I might continue to heal very slowly, possible ideas, what that area is called I am pinpointing?, ect.
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Undiagnosed Pain Need Help!

Postby LemonMan » 08 Jan 2017, 18:08

Hi Positive,

Has anyone offered you an MRI? Is this possible where you are? Just to rule out an abscess or anything? I suffered an abscess for about a year before it was properly diagnosed. These can be difficult to diagnose with a digital exam and it was only an MRI that picked it up. To be honest it doesn't sound like it because an abscess will only get worse, but at least with an MRI they will be able to have a thorough look.

Good luck, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby GilmoreGirl » 08 Jan 2017, 19:25

I agree with the MRI. But yes, see a PELVIC FLOOR physio - in the very least they may be able to tell you if it is a muscle issue or not. We have so so many sensitive nerve endings down there, it's possible that things are a little over active due to scar tissue from fissures - another thing a good physio may be able to help with.

I hear ya on how frustrating this is - I'm still in pain after being completely healed for over a month. Sending good thoughts your way
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby positivesun » 09 Jan 2017, 01:10

Lemon Man,

Thank you for the recommendation. I haven't had one yet but at this point I have nothing to lose.

Gilmoregirl,

I will contact a physical therapist then.

Thank you to both of you for the replies, it means the world to me to have support on here. Sending prayers to both of you as well!

Does anyone know the name of that area I am referencing to? Any other ideas? Thank you!
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7