hemhoroid, then fissure, then abcess, now fistula

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hemhoroid, then fissure, then abcess, now fistula

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2007, 05:18

I had a huge hemorhoid, removed, painful, butt fine, in June, then a hard bowel movement in July cased a tear in the newly healed wound, more like a fissure. The healing of this caused an abcess and now a fistula and now a staff infection. Scheduled for surgery next week. What do I have now to look forward in comparison to the the hemorhoid surgery. Does anyone know?

Re: hemhoroid, then fissure, then abcess, now fistula

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Sep 2007, 05:38

What type surgery? Is it for the fistula or fissure, or both?
There are several surgery stories, including mine, on the surgery board, but you'll have to jump to page three of that board. Mine is call "Hugh, A Perfect #ss" I had the LIS for fissure. There are several more surgery recollections there.
If you're having LIS, the recovery will be harder than for hemorrhoid, but different people tolerate the recovery in different ways. For LIS expect it to take 2-3 weeks.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 27 Sep 2007, 09:30

My fissure also got infected, but the drs wouldn't believe me until it erupted. Mine was e-coli. By that time it erupted, it was too large and the barriers surrounding it too impermiable to be treated by antibiotics, so I had to go in for anal surgery to have it laid oped to drain. I was cut from the outer edge of the pucker up along the length of my anal canal down to the muscle. It took me about 7 mos to heal.

If you are haing your fistula/abscees laid open it is difficult to know how long/deep your wound will be. It will need to be left open to drain and heal from the inside.

If you are just having surgery for a fistula, as for a fistula plug. That way you don't have to be flayed open. In fact, they sew the openings shut around an antibacterial, absorbable pad.

You may also think of asking for botox as a preemptive so that the muscle spasms don't delay healing.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby happyass » 03 Oct 2007, 06:54

yeah, check out having your fistula being resolved with a fistula plug option. it seems more healthy than just leaving it open to heal and less time for recovery and less painful.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74