Hemorrhoids on fistula scar

fistula scar hemorrhoids

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Hemorrhoids on fistula scar

Postby Cporosus1 » 05 Apr 2017, 10:32

Hello everyone,

This is a question for anyone who has had a fistulotomy, successful healing and no Crohn's. I had a fistulotomy 2.5 years ago and everything healed well and I had no other serious problems. The one issue I HAVE had is that a few times per year I would get agitation near/on the scar just barely inside the rectum. It felt like there is a minor "bump" that goes away and comes back when I have hard bowel movements or strain while lifting. Despite how small it is (not large or external) it hurts a lot more than I'm used to, which I'm assuming is because it is so close to the scar.

Last week I started a new medication for OCD (Anafranil) and it made me horrifically constipated. I had an extremely hard and large bowel movement (the worst I've had in years) and it was bloodly and left me with a nasty pain, soreness and redness in the exact same area. The skin around it is red and I can feel the same little nodule poking up from the scar. It has been this way for 4 days now. There is no sign of an abscess or fistula (no lump under the skin, no pus, no fever, etc.), but it is extremely painful. Does this sound like a hemorrhoid? Does anyone else have experience with bad hemorrhoids on the scar wall after fistula surgery? I'm currently in Mexico on vacation and cannot see a doctor until tomorrow when I return home.
Cporosus1
Salt Bather

Topics: 28

Re: Hemorrhoids on fistula scar

Postby Fistulectomy_patient » 07 Apr 2017, 13:06

It may be an external hemorrhoid if you see the bump near the anus opening. But external hemorrhoids are painful all the time... If you are not having continuos pain and if pain occurs occasionally then mostly it may not be a hemorrhoid(cant say it in the worst case). It can be a swelling that occurs from the past fistula wound due to the strain taken by sphlinter muscles while having a hard bowel. Its better you take an appointment to the doctor rather than neglecting it.
Fistulectomy_patient

Topics: 1