hi all :-)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hi all :-)

Postby husqey » 17 Nov 2014, 09:53

hello everyone , iv'e been looking at post's on the site for a while now and have finally joined .
i have had a fissure since july this year and the pain to begin with was abosolutely unbearable i was given xyloproct to begin with but this made me feel a whole lot worse , after a few weeks of vertually no sleep and constant pain i was given rectogesic this did help a lot and a week or so after starting this i was also given laxido to soften stools .
now after getting on for 4 months of discomfort i was reffered to a crs , so went in today and explained what was going on. she examined my rear and said there was a obvious wide open fissure and a pile , she said it was to bad for botox or any further cream and surgery was the only real option , she offered me lis or to create a flap of skin to cover over the fissure , she said if pain is the main problem then the lis was the way to go as fissure pain is releived ,the flap procedure has the possibility of getting infected or tearing open again so i have opted for lis hoping i have done the right thing , i just want my life back again that this fissure has taken months from me . she did say the fissure may never totally heal but this should not cause any issues but there should be no more fissure pain , i may be in as soon as next monday ,feeling a bit aprehensive but hopefull i will get better .
sorry for the long 1st post so glad i found this wonderful site
thank you :-)
husqey

Topics: 1

Re: hi all :-)

Postby owmybum » 18 Nov 2014, 11:42

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your LIS surgery. Please come back on and let us know how it goes!

:wel:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: hi all :-)

Postby husqey » 18 Nov 2014, 12:17

hi thank you for the welcome
i spoke with my hospital today and my surgery has now been scheduled for a couple of weeks time which i am sort of glad about , i lived with the pain for months another couple of weeks dont seem to matter..
just pleased that something is getting done to hopefully put an end to all this ..
thank you husqey :-)
husqey

Topics: 1