Hi! from a former sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi! from a former sufferer

Postby proctorabbit » 02 Mar 2018, 01:54

Hi everyone - long time lurker and former sufferer, these days I peddle nitroglycerin oinmtent for a crust :o

Mine cleared up about 15 years ago, and I'm still shocked at how hard it is to get treatment in some countries, but on the other hand it's encouraging to see how treatments like Botox are available for anal fissure which weren't previously available.

I'm not going to turn this into a sales pitch, but if anyone has any questions then I'm happy to help - I've got quite a bit of experience and knowledge from speaking to users of the ointment from all around the world.

--Justin
proctorabbit
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hi! from a former sufferer

Postby OhGodHelpMe » 02 Mar 2018, 11:00

Thank you!!!! I feel like I know everyone after reading all the posts so it’s always appreciated. How did you find relief?
OhGodHelpMe
Fibre Addict

Re: Hi! from a former sufferer

Postby proctorabbit » 02 Mar 2018, 19:32

lol @ your username (but I can relate :( )

At the time the advice was to try to soften the stool while applying nitroglycerin ointment. Anecdotally people said that laying off the booze for a few days would help, and I found this regime allowed me to keep it under control.

The ointment helped me with relapses over the next few years, but no-one "enjoys" applying it. However it was manageable.

I think over the last 15 years I've had about half a dozen relapses, and it's always after a meal with too many carbs and a lot of alcohol. So yeah, turns out my body isn't great with potatoes/pasta/bread/rice, or beer.

There was a website back then for sufferers but I don't think it was this one. Can anyone remember it? Completely text-based forum. Much like this site it was an absolute godsend, just knowing that you're not alone, but also seeing how others were treating it in other coutries. One of the original crowdsourced medical research sites.
proctorabbit
Fibre Addict