Hi I am new to this Forum been suffering almost a year :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi I am new to this Forum been suffering almost a year :-(

Postby miss x » 02 Oct 2012, 12:13

Hi all
I am a 30 year old female who is suffering with af since the birth of my son 11 months ago.
After he was born (by high postioned forceps causing lots of trauma below) I was left in so much pain and was hard to distinguish where the pain was coming from...I put the pain in my bum down to piles but 6 weeks after the birth after weeks of crying and shaking in pain after bm my mum drove me to docs and insisted on an examination. The doctor was clueless sent me to hospital who confirmed I had AF. They told me to increase fibre and gave me a GTN cream and a follow up appointment 6 weeks later. During this time things got worse I found high fibre made more pain and GTN gave me migraines- that with trying to look after a newborn and Post natal depression was a recipie for disaster I was rock bottom and couldnt get out of the house due to the pain.
After 6 weeks the consultant put me forward for botox the followingf week . Under anesthetic discovered I had 2 large fissures. This was January
The botox took 15 days to kick in and in the mean time I felt like the op had made me worse. I was in so much pain one day I went A&E the gave me movicol and explained I needed to keep bm as loose as possible while the fissure healed and the botox would stop the spasm in my bum so I was onto a winner.....
anyway one the botox had kicked in I was in significantly less pain with an occaisional once a week flare up after bms....however 2 mon ths later the daily pains came back and I was bk where I started.....
After seeing the consultant in april I was put forward for another round of botox....the same thing occured...2 weeks of hell and then some relief for around 2 months
In july I was back to pain daily, bleeding and generally being miserable....the doc gave me the option of a replacement flap but said that there was a high chance fissure would reoccur and the a high chance the procedure wouldnt work
I managed to persuade his for one more course of botox and I will do anything to heal..anything...so hoping joining this forum will provide me with help and support.
I am so miserable this illness has almost ruined my relationship as I am a miserable cow who is no fun I go to bed early as exhausted from the pain and the tramadol makes me sleepy however I cant get through the day without 8 tramadol 8 paracetamol and 3 diclofenic and 4 sachets of movicol
Im day 12 post botox and skin tag removal...been in significant pain but numbed by painkillers
any help advice or tips would be appreciated xxxx
miss x

Topics: 1

Re: Hi I am new to this Forum been suffering almost a year :-(

Postby owmybum » 02 Oct 2012, 13:44

Missx,
I just want to say I really feel for you. I am sure everyone on here knows exactly what you are going through. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, especially with a baby.
I am afraid I can't offer you any advice re. Botox as I haven't had it done, but try to drink plenty, I know when my boys were babies I would be so busy with them I would forget to eat and drink enough.
Take care
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby fitchatak » 02 Oct 2012, 14:47

You poor, poor thing! My heart goes out to you. No wonder you are miserable. Owmybum is right - we all understand here how miserable things can get - when you are in pain it is so hard to think about anyone else- I can't imagine what it must be like to have a baby in amongst your AF troubles. Keep checking in and visit threads about botox - if you have specific queries there are some really knowledgeable members on this forum ( not myself, I hasten to add ) who will respond. My top tip is to get a sitz bath (or portable bidet ) which I bought very inexpensively from Amazon. I try not to wipe at all now- just use water. I think it helps. Keep in touch x :D
fitchatak
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby miss x » 10 Oct 2012, 08:16

Thanks for ur replies Fitchatalk and owmybum... I'm 19 days post botox and feel great- pain almost gone apart from during bm but this happened before- just praying it heals this time- botox only lasts a couple of months max and although it provides relief u have no idea if ur healing or not.....might try the honey thing I read about :-) xxx
miss x

Topics: 1