Hi new here

Will I ever play golf again?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi new here

Postby charman » 02 Oct 2020, 13:07

Hi I'm a 65 old old male healthy for the most part except now..I was playing golf a couple weeks ago and had a terrible pain you know where..I had to quit playing and I went to a GI and he did a flex sig and when I came to he said you have a fissure and I treated it with some sliver nitrate all I know is it burned like hell. Gave me some pain meds and said 3-6 weeks it should be healed up and you'll be good. Well that was 2 weeks ago and I have to say I have not been waking up in the middle of the night like i was that first few night after that S N treatment and I have some good days and some not so good days after the morning bm..usually burns pretty bad for hours after but not during the movement, it never has during. Also I haven't had to take a pain pill in like 5-6 days Tramadol cause it causes constipation it also stops the pain though but lately im at like a 4-6 pain level and haven't been to that 8-10 range this whole second week really which is great.
Anyway I called them back yesterday just for some reassurance or something and the nurse said it sounds like I'm pretty much on track for that time line but idk..scares me ..I didn't go with my wife today for the weekend to visit her son and wife and baby, I stayed home and sat in the tub. I couldn't even help her load her car being scared to lift anything. I'm mainly venting here and wondering if I'll will be able to play golf again and when and how will I know it's ok to do that.Let alone eat like normal again too. I have lost 21 lbs as of this morning which is the only good thing to have come of this situation. I do drink a cap of miralax and a spoon of metamucil daily now too. eat oatmeal for breakfast and fruit and chicken and vegtables later in the day . bowl of beans too sometimes and that's about it.

Any predictions on the golf will be nice to hear, I hope.. thanks all.
charman

Topics: 1

Re: Hi new here

Postby patience_and_healing » 04 Dec 2020, 22:46

I hope you have improved since posting this. I think if you want to continue playing golf you'll have to modify some things like how often you bend down to pick up stuff. That could put pressure on a posterior fissure in my experience. The one legged pick up stance should help. As for when it's ok to resume sports, that's a question for your doctor. Above all, listen to your body, don't ignore the signals. Take care!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40