Hi there

Levator Ani

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi there

Postby Paininthea** » 17 Jan 2017, 02:20

I must say this sight is refreshing to find and I had a good giggle at your user names!
As my user name says,I have had debilitating cramps in my anal area for about 7 years. they are as painful as childbirth just in a different area. They last up to an hour sometimes and no doctors ever said what it was and just had a colonoscopy done. I feel it is the levator ani muscle causing the spasm ? So I am trying to find more info for treatment and wondering who to see for this. I don't want to take any prescriptions if I can help it.
Thanks all for any input. Wishing you all recovery asap!
Paininthea**

Topics: 1

Re: Hi there

Postby monkeybutt812 » 17 Jan 2017, 06:56

Biofeedback is something I believe they do for Levator Ani and also for pelvic floor issues. There are physical therapists that specialize in that area. Idk if that is worth looking into to. I know they prescribe muscle relaxants, but as you said you'd like to avoid medication, I get that. Sometimes my glut muscles get really tight and I sit on a lacrosse ball/baseball in the piriformis area and on the ischial tuberosity. I find the trigger points and do a bit of a myofascial release and then I stretch, and sometimes working on the surrounding area does help. I've definitely experienced levator spasms and it's no fun at all! Sorry to hear it's been going on for so long. Hopefully you can find relief.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Paininthea** » 17 Jan 2017, 23:40

thanks for your response. its nice to discuss with someone.
i will definitely look into those. i know when i have pain sometimes it gets much worse if i even slightly touch the area so i.need to be careful. maybe some ibs issuecauses that.
i do yoga fairly regularly but doesnt help. i get it if I am dehydrated or under stress. i am trying to
declutter and minimalize my life but i have 4 kids so that wont happen!
Thanks again, I will try to talk to my doctor about those treatments.
Paininthea**

Topics: 1

Postby monkeybutt812 » 18 Jan 2017, 07:34

Have you tried muscle relaxers? I know you mentioned you don't want to take medications, but maybe you could have some around for when it gets really bad. I think the yoga and decluttering are great things. I hate having too much stuff around the house it makes everything harder to find and organize, it really drives me crazy.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10