Home-made essential oil supposity: Fissure relief at last

Success story!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Home-made essential oil supposity: Fissure relief at las

Postby Scientist2516 » 31 Jan 2014, 12:09

Hi Tink, yes, I did change to nitroglycerine, which worked much better for me. No more diltiazem for me!
I tried desitin when I was itching too - it really didn't help at all, and was so messy.
My doc recommended calmoseptine, but I never did try it. It gets good reviews on amazon though. You could try it. But see what happens if you stop the dilt. for a couple of days.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby tink » 31 Jan 2014, 22:37

LH,Scientist,call my doctor and told her about allergic reaction ive been getting.and told me to stop the medicine and used benadryl on the area i got that allergic reaction.And they will priscribed me nitro as soon as the allergy reaction disappear.so that terrible itching is almost gone on the first day i used of benadrly.and i also switch from metamucil to benifer fiber
Supplement and i dont feel that i have a tear anymore wheni i have bm.im hoping that this will continue.Thank you guys for your advice.
tink
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Feb 2014, 13:47

Hi tink, I'm so glad the itching is almost gone. On your other post you mentioned that you still have some itch. I don't know how long it will take for the itch to go away completely. I don't think the dilt. will still be present after all this time, but your skin might still be delicate and irritable from the previous itch.

Also, moisture can be irritating, and the ointment, whether it's dilt. or nitro, will keep moisture trapped to the skin, so make sure your anus is completely dry before putting on the ointment.
Don't use soaps on your anus, just warm water. If you are using wet-wipes after a BM, make sure they are fragrance and alcohol free. Most wipes have alcohol, so check carefully.

It's great news that your BMs are better now. Fantastic - well done! Keep us posted on your progress.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby tink » 02 Feb 2014, 22:52

Thank you for your time Scientist.
tink
Fibre Addict

Postby tink » 04 Feb 2014, 15:10

So the side effect of diltiazem cleared and my Doctor told me i dont need nitro since i dont have painful bm.CRS just want me to use desitin for healing fissure.Im using the Desitin max strength and give me itching.CRS want me to put inside and its hard to clean.i wonder anybody used this and how it goes?just not sure if i need to continue the desitin if its provide me itching and what else i can use to help the healing
tink
Fibre Addict