How'd it go Nancy?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: How'd it go Nancy?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Mar 2008, 06:58

Glad you made it through the first BM, anyway. At least you weren't constipated like I was the day after *my* surgery. My first three or four BMs were awful, but most people manage pretty well and I am sure you will too.
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 26 Mar 2008, 09:32

good to hear you're managing pretty well nancy! and props to you for braving LIS in the office :shock: i had to be knocked out completely both times! i think it's wise for you to be cautious about the narcotic painkillers. i took 4 percocets the day of/after surgery and didn't have a bm for 3 or 4 days. i was definitely freaking out at the point and pushed too hard in desperation. you don't want to do anything that will jeopardize your healing at this point! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted on your recovery! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2008, 10:09

I think I'll just stick with the ibuprofen!! :potty:

Postby buttgirl » 26 Mar 2008, 15:20

Good to hear you're well. I took a magnesium pill with each vicoden and had no problems with constipation. Just thought that advie might help if you're finding that you need something stronger.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2008, 15:34

Had a pretty good day today - no pain, just sore. We'll see what happens in the morning - that seems to give me the most anxiety.

Postby happyass » 26 Mar 2008, 19:34

try to relax......it will help you go easier....
i know, easier said than done!
you're doing very good!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Mar 2008, 11:51

Should get better with each day, and you're off to a great start!
Deleted User 5

Postby Cinderella » 27 Mar 2008, 13:39

I am amazed how good you seem to feel! I am sure that the worst part is already behind.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 11:23

Hi Everyone-
I'm sort of having a rough time. I think I'm expecting too much too soon. In general my entire butt just hurts. BM's have not been very pleasant (going 3 times yesterday didn't help matters, I'm sure), wiping myself hurts and I can't pinpoint where the pain is coming from. Obviously the fissure will not heal overnight - the CSR said even in 2-3 weeks it still won't be completely healed. I'm just getting discouraged and was hoping to feel some sort of relief. I've been trying to think back to my last LIS and how I felt, but that was 5 years ago and things are a little fuzzy!
Any thoughts??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Mar 2008, 12:04

Wow, Nancy, you need to relax and just lie around and rest. It's all I did for a week and a half. I'm sure the extra BMs are part of your current pain.
It will take the fissure itself about 6-8 weeks to heal. But now your anal area has been "set up" for the healing. Like mine was!
Take it easy, try to relax and tell yourself the worst days are those just after the surgery. It's much too soon to be getting upset!
Deleted User 5

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?