How'd it go Nancy?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How'd it go Nancy?

Postby buttgirl » 25 Mar 2008, 12:07

Just checkin to see how you are after LIS #2.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: How'd it go Nancy?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Mar 2008, 12:09

Yes! Hope it all went fine!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 25 Mar 2008, 20:20

our best wishes are with you nancy.
take care.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2008, 20:38

I have survived my second LIS!! Can't tell you what a difference it makes to finally have found a doctor that I absolutely trust. If anyone lives near NYC, Dr. Stephen Gorfine is the man! I had the surgery done at his office. He came in at 4:oo and was done by 4:20. I was in the car and headed home at 4:30! Very quick and relatively painless. The local was slightly uncomfortable, but not anything I (or anyone else) couldn't handle. He told me I would be numb for about 3 hours, however I started feeling twinges of pain by 5:00. I'm not big on taking pain killers but I was feeling pretty uncomfortable by 6, so I popped a percocet. I just now took 3 ibuprofen as the percocet is wearing off. The pain is tolerable - just not sure exactly what I'm feeling. I'm hoping that I can at least get a good night's sleep and am a little fearful for tomorrow mornings bm, though. Another reason I'm nervous about taking percocet - I don't want to become constipated. I asked the doctor how many it would take before that might happen - he said I probably wouldn't want to take any more than 4 (don't think I'll need that anyway). So, that is where I'm at. My CRS feels that this is going to be it for me - God, I hope he's right! Will let you know how I'm doing tomorrow. Hopefully everyday will get a little better. Thanks to all of you for thinking of me - it's greatly appreciated!

Postby motherluch » 25 Mar 2008, 20:39

Hi all,
Just a quick note to let you know that all went really well with Nancy. She said it took about 15 minutes and I spoke to her when she got home from the city, she was resting, but feeling okay.
What a trooper, no anesthesia, and she sounded great!! I am surre she will fill you all in tomorrow, so let's all raise up a glass of metamucil and toast Nancy :)
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby motherluch » 25 Mar 2008, 20:40

OOPS...hey Nancy!! guess you were up after all!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Mar 2008, 20:50

Wow, congratulations, Nancy! We have been rooting for you!
I bet tomorrow's BM won't be that big a deal, just get some rest for the next few days, you'll need it!
Great job!
Deleted User 5

Postby Cinderella » 25 Mar 2008, 23:51

All the best for you Nancy! I am keeping my fngers crossed. However it sounds that everything went perfectly.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby happyass » 26 Mar 2008, 04:40

excellent......congrats Nancy for being such a strong person and getting through this.
now let the healing begin!
and no fiber bars for you!!!! (see small flower and burnbuttgrl's posts as of late....)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Mar 2008, 06:39

Good morning....I think. I had a pretty good night's sleep and had no pain like yesterday afternoon, however, this morning my bm was not very enjoyable. I barely went, but had some pretty intense pain - wasn't sure where it was coming from. Kinda felt like fissure spasm, but it has since subsided. So I'm assuming I'm just really sore? To be expected. Hope I will feel better as the days go by.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?