How I healed my fissure

Low fiber solved the problem for me

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

How I healed my fissure

Postby Abu » 25 Oct 2015, 10:19

I am writing this in the hope that I may help at least 1 person to heal from this terrible disease.

I had my fissure back in September 2014. I had an inguinal hernia surgery after which I had to take antibiotics which actually destroyed my gut flora. Not knowing this, I started taking fiber supplements and drinking a lot of water which only caused my stools to become very large. This, on top of the existing hemorrhoids led to the fissure.

I do not want to describe the pain I felt, because I know it can be much worse in others, but I remember saying to myself that this is not life and I am not going to live like this for the rest of it. I tried a lot of treatments over the next months, ointments, stool softeners, diet change, vitamins etc. but it always seemed to have flare-ups after a few weeks of trouble-free BMs.

To make a long story short, i am fissure free for 5 months already and this is what (still) works for me: a very low fiber diet, especially low in indigestible fiber.
- I peel of the skin from all vegetables and fruits I eat.
- I stay away from too much grains (4 slices of white bread daily max)
- I stay away from rice
- I stay away from all kind of nuts and seeds
- I do not care how much water I drink anymore
- I do not care how late I eat my dinner anymore
- The MOST important thing: if I feel like the "top" of a BM is a bit hard, I try to squeeze it, to flatten it. I don't know how to describe this, but I let this first harder part come out with "guided" speed, very very slow, so it doesn't tear anything around. I learned this with practice and it really works! Once this is out, I completely relax and let the body do its thing.

My stools are really perfect and have no pain or itching ever since. I used Hydro-C for many months before I learned which is the best diet for me, but now I am also Hydro-C free. I still carry a bottle around in case I miss a day. Under no circumstances I will allow a 2 day old stools to come out naturally. So far, I never missed a day, but I am prepared in case it ever happens. The idea is that the longer it stays inside, the harder it becomes and hence the problems.

Good luck everyone, I wish my experience will give you some insight and maybe another thing to try.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Re: How I healed my fissure

Postby Savaici » 18 Nov 2015, 08:18

Thanks for posting your success story!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: How I healed my fissure

Postby missy moo » 04 Aug 2021, 04:42

I should of listened when i first read your story an success. I've now been reading alot about it. Here's one of the links youbtoo may find interesting and at the same time obvious.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37