How much blood?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How much blood?

Postby Kay Gray » 27 May 2019, 17:52

Hi guys. I've been fissure-free for the last year or so after botox injections, diltiazem cream and drinking more water than I thought physically possible. However I'm unfortunately back to square one after a difficult bm last week with what I suspect is a new fissure :evil: With my previous fissure, I only experienced a small amount of bleeding, but for the last few days I've bled much more heavily during bms to the point where I can see blood dripping from my butt (sorry for tmi!). I'm used to seeing a smear on the tp or stool so it's really freaked me out! Does anyone else experience a lot of bleeding when they go to the toilet? I've booked an appointment to see my GP in the hopes that I can deal with this fissure before it becomes chronic but the amount of blood I'm seeing this time around is scary!
Kay Gray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: How much blood?

Postby Pherianne » 27 May 2019, 18:14

You maybe want to call 111 if it’s bleeding between movements. Your GP will have to refer you to CRS because they will need to look with anoscope.

Get yourself some laxido/movical when you see GP.
Pherianne
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: How much blood?

Postby Kay Gray » 28 May 2019, 08:43

Thanks for the reply Pherianne. I don't have any bleeding between bms, it's just unusual for me to see so much when I do. My GP has put me back on movicol and diltiazem so I'm hoping for some improvement soon. My bm today didn't bleed anywhere near as much so I'm trying to stay positive and hope it was a couple of bad days. It's just reassuring to know that you're not alone in what you're going through.
Kay Gray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1