Hugh -- Off again, on again

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hugh -- Off again, on again

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Dec 2006, 10:24

Well, even though I felt better over the workweek and *tried* to ch-ch-chicken out and cancel, the Dr.s office was closed Friday when I called.
The person who took the call left me with the impression that she wasn't gonna get my message through I called the hospital and tried to cancel through them, but *they* said call back Tuesday (the day before surgery).
Over the past workweek I really think my fissure has done fine. But when I was at the Dr.s office two weeks ago, he also said I had two hemorroids, which he would flatten out. I think those are what have given me this pain I've had this weekend. Saturday the pain came and went several times throughout the day. This morning I had the pain *before* I had my BM, which told me it *must* be the hemorroids. Then I had that same pain a few minutes after the BM. That is NOT my fissure pattern at all. I don't think I had any real spasms from the fissure this morning at all.
But pain is pain and I really can't differentiate between the hemorroids and the fissure precisely. So I called the Dr.s office this morning, they paged the surgeon, he called back promptly.
The end result is I'm still on for Wednesday, the 27th.
Pray for me, friends!
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Re: Hugh -- Off again, on again

Postby happyass » 24 Dec 2006, 17:48

i bought some candles yesterday and i am going to light them tonight.
part of my wishes and prayers are for all of us afflicted with this and not really knowing what to do about our path.
i hope you much success hugh.
i am still going thru a colonoscopy even if my stuff settles down. i want to do it mid february so i am sure by the time i get on the table, you'll be on your way to feeling sooo sooo much better and healing!
my prayers are with you buddy!
i thought too my fissure was giving me no issues but what i thought was a hemmy was causing all the new fuss. but it was a fistula. who knows reallyl what is down there....i've been too tight that my doctor hasn't really gone in deep to see anything else. another good reason to just get the procedure done in february to take care of this once and for all...or at least to get on the path to healing and happyass after all!!!
happy holidays
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Dec 2006, 15:53

Thanks Gareth,
You do realize, of course, that your words of encouragement are greatly and admirably received on this end! :D
Once they do the colonoscopy I'm assuming you will know if its a fistula or not (?) February will be here before you know it.
I'm getting lucky about my preop, I only have to drink a single bottle of magnesium citrate mid-day tomorrow, and do a couple of saline enemas 1 hour before leaving for the hospital. I don't think that will give me too much grief. I'm starting to feel a lot less worried about the General Anesthesia, thinking of all the older relatives I know who've done well, and, well, I've had it before, too.
Merry Christmas, pal!
Hugh :joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Dec 2006, 11:05

And now I'm really pissed. Who would have thought I'd be so upset about HAVING A PAIN FREE DAY:evil:

But I AM:evil:

Here I am, today, one day before surgery, having absolutely NO PAIN after a full WEEK of good days:evil: except for a couple "bumps" (nothing major) over the weekend.

If I tell the surgeon to cancel and wait, it will cost me gobs more money after the 1st because the deductables and other charges return.Image

But if I go ahead (which I will probably do) I may have unnecessary surgery. I will get the surgeon to look at the fissure and see what he thinks -- but with the operation virtually underway I doubt he'll say "let's wait and see if it heals."

Damn!Image

Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 26 Dec 2006, 18:15

well, since i am having the colonoscopy, i am assuming i will also have some work done down there - there is plenty of scar tissue and tags and what not that could be cleaned up!
i was going to advise you to just get a colonoscopy but theres too much prep for that, that you are scheduled for surgery tomorrow right?
anyway, i don't think it will be unnecessary surgery hugh.
in the case of fissures and ass problems, these damn things calm down only to bite us in the ass later!!!!!! no pun intended Image
okay here are some prayers and hope for all to be well for you......
you'll need to give me encouragement and enlightenment in february!!!!!!
your new ass is almost here :bounce: Image
happyass
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 27 Dec 2006, 16:44

hugh,
i hope you are doing well today!
i hope you are sleeping like a baby and all safe at home now.
best wishes,
happyass :cat:
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Cheryl » 27 Dec 2006, 17:50

Hey Hugh
hoping it has all gone well :rendeer:
hope to see you soon
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 28 Dec 2006, 05:39

hope to see ys back here with a big grin Image soon!!
the giz