I am now completely exhausted dealing with this...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I am now completely exhausted dealing with this...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 04:11

I don't really have pain, just the incredible itching and burning. I don't know if the fissure is causing this or the hemmies.
I only saw the CRS one time and have not went back because I chose to cancel the LIS surgery. He also suggested a PPH but said I could choose not to have it and probably be ok if I followed a high-fiber diet.
I then went to a gastro who gave me nitroglycerin ointment 0.2%. I then had a colonoscopy, which showed significant hemmies. The gastro could not see the fissure, so she thought it might be hidden under a hemmie.
I still have a little pain if my BM is not totally soft, which happens about once a week or so, but it's the itching and burning that are completely driving me insane.
Should I just cave in and have a LIS and a pph and get it over??
Thanks,
Jennie

Re: I am now completely exhausted dealing with this...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 07:22

Hey Jennie,
You are the only one that can decide, but I think when we get to the end of the rope we may need to jump and try something with more potential.
I wonder if the doctor could band you hemorrhoids. I don't know why he wants to go straight for surgery. Are they prolapsing and falling out?
I guess if I were in your situation and not responding to more conservative treatment I would consider the surgery. It might be worth it to have a normal bottom again.

Re: I am now completely exhausted dealing with this...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 11:23

Lecia wrote:Hey Jennie,
You are the only one that can decide, but I think when we get to the end of the rope we may need to jump and try something with more potential.
I wonder if the doctor could band you hemorrhoids. I don't know why he wants to go straight for surgery. Are they prolapsing and falling out?
I guess if I were in your situation and not responding to more conservative treatment I would consider the surgery. It might be worth it to have a normal bottom again.

Hi Lecia,
I don't know if they are prolapsing. I don't see anything, just been told I have "pretty significant" hemorrhoids. I just wish I knew if the burning and itching was from the hemmies or the fissure. I also have an aching feeling that I didn't have before.
Thanks for your help,
Jennie