I had two anal tags removed

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

I had two anal tags removed

Postby Rachelrose » 01 Sep 2016, 11:53

I was a bit of a creeper when getting ready for my op and this site really helped me to prepare for what I was going in for and to be a bit more positive about the result! So I thought I should post my experience as you all have to help others.

I ended up having GA and having them both removed. Took about thirty minutes. I woke up tearful which was really odd but apparently just a side affect of the GA.
I felt really good, no pain or anything, managed to eat and left hospital five hours later no problems.
It's now day two, I've had a look and although swollen and bruised it looks a hundred times better down there and the surgeon did an amazing job. Still only slight pain. I'm not too worried about eating and just been eating lots of fibre rich food although I haven't denied myself carbs etc like some people do to avoid BM. I am scared of my BM once it comes but if it did soon I think it would be bare able. I'm sure this won't last and this painful experience so many have described will kick in at some point but so far the cocodamol is managing the pain and I feel fine!

Does anybody think laxatives are worth taking? I wasn't prescribed any but I know cocodamol does constipated so any recommendations would be well recieved.

I will try and regularly update, but so far no regrets! :thankyou:
Rachelrose

Topics: 1

Re: I had two anal tags removed

Postby Lostandconfused » 06 Sep 2016, 13:05

I'm wanting to have mine removed! So nice to hear a positive outcome:). How large were yours?
Lostandconfused
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: I had two anal tags removed

Postby StephP » 07 Sep 2016, 01:37

When I had anal skin tags removed, I ended up with a year of chronic pain in my anus, more fissures and then more (bigger) skin tags. The cause? I realise now it was purely because I wasn't given any laxative over the healing time which made stools hard to pass and constantly aggravating the site of the op. Make sure you get some laxative especially on codiene based painkiller, keep things soft!
StephP
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1