I have a date for surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a date for surgery

Postby Deleted User 428 » 22 Sep 2010, 22:53

Thanks all for the well wishes.
I too thought mild to moderate discomfort was optimistic after reading everyone's stories on here but I'm still hoping it isn't going to be too much worse than the pain I'm already in from this thing. I had one of the worst days today driving into the CRS office. I literally thought I was going to have to pull over and walk around a little while until I could get back in and continue to drive. I made it though.
I also made sure I will go home Friday with just what I need to combat any discomfort and it sounds like I will be well stocked.
Philber - thanks for the advice. I do need to make sure I don't go in with the idea that this will be like a trip to the dentist. I have to be realistic that, yes, they are cutting into my butt.
It's funny you would make the dentist analogy. This is actually surgery number 2 for me this year. My other surgery wasn't AF related but I had dental implant surgery in April. They sunk 3 titanium posts into my jaw. That wasn't a fun walk in the park believe me and the antibiotics they gave me for that procedure caused my AF. As you can see it's been hell for me since April so I'm looking forward to Xmas. Maybe I'll be back to normal by then...I hope.
Thanks again all. I'll post as I can over the next couple weeks.
Deleted User 428

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2010, 07:28

Thanks Phil.
I don't have much longer. I'm a little nervous but I'm trying to just stay busy right now and keep my mind off of it. I'm already having trouble sleeping(anxiety)...
I dreamed that I had already the surgery the other night and woke up thinking I needed my pain meds before the pain kicked in, LOL......I'm such a weirdo :oops:

Postby StevePain » 23 Sep 2010, 10:21

I think LIS alone is a much faster recovery time, both me and Phil had two procedures done at once which dramatically raises the pain level and recovery time..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45