I'm 3 weeks post LIS w/ tag removal ...Pain when passing gas

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I'm 3 weeks post LIS w/ tag removal ...Pain when passing gas

Postby Bambi » 31 Jan 2013, 23:31

Angel,
I forgot to say that I have never gotten another skin tag at the site. I was looking back today at my own older posts and by 6to 9 months out, things were pretty normal with just some tendency to be more easily irritated. Good luck at your appointment! Alex, glad you are doing better. I have lost perspective on when you had your surgery?
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby AF Angel » 01 Feb 2013, 18:11

Al,
Wow ! THANK YOU so much for all the time you took to answer my questions in such detail. It is REALLY helpful and you are really kind. I had my CR visit today and explained her all my story - about my current re-tear dramas. I will be waiting till the end of the month to see how things progress and will consider LIS accordingly.
You really answered all my questions. Just the one - Are you able to sit properly without the doughnut pillow for hours ? And another thing is that I am a Yoga Instructor. How long do you think I should wait after LIS to get back comfortably to such advanced stretching routines ? Image
I wish you a healthy life ahead and thanks again for your time and kindness. God bless us all.
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby AF Angel » 01 Feb 2013, 18:43

Bambi,
Got your pm and THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your story and answering all my questions in detail. You all are really compassionate in this forum. I had my CR visit today and according to her advise, I will wait till the end of this month to make up my mind to proceed for LIS or not. Even though my pain is generally zero now, current problem is frequent re-tears and pain of a max of 2 /10.
Just one thing, I asked Al as well - Are you able to sit properly without the doughnut pillow for hours and how long after surgery were you able to do that (if you remember now) ? And another thing is that I am a Yoga Instructor. How long do you think I should wait after LIS to get back comfortably to such advanced stretching routines ?
And since you are a woman - I think you can understand my concern. I haven't had any babies yet and me and my husband were planning to conceive just when this AF hit on me .. Image Do you think having LIS will adversely affect me when (God willing) I become pregnant and deliver in near future itself ? Oh boy, what all this AF can control in our lives ....
Thanks so much Bambi. You are a kind soul. May you be healthy and happy always...
- Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Feb 2013, 08:51

Al, when did the gas pain finally stop? I am asking as I have this problem
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40