I'm new here, two years of pain!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I'm new here, two years of pain!!

Postby Ouchies » 12 Mar 2014, 15:13

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this forum a few weeks ago, and though how lovely it is that you are all so supportive of one another. I decided to post and tell you all my story.

I am 28 years old from England, and have been experiencing pain and discomfort for 2.5 years now. I had visited my GP numerous times, and finally referred to a colorectal consultant at the end of 2013. They thought I may have a fissure but decided to carry out an investigation under general anaesthetic. Luckily everything was fine, no fissure or anything nasty but since the op I had a thrombosed hem and was back in the surgical department 48 hours later, after finally going to the ED with the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. Luckily the hem is slowly slowl reducing but I am still experiencing pain with BMs so trying various foods to try and see if that helps.

Does anyone else have completely un-diagnosed pain despite medical professionals' help and they can find nothing?

It is so frustrating and debilitating at times. Thank you for reading xx
Ouchies

Topics: 1

Re: I'm new here, two years of pain!!

Postby JooBerry » 12 Mar 2014, 15:49

Hi Ouchies,
I can't relate to the unidentified painful bottom, as I have a fissure and have recently re-introduced myself to hemorrhoids, after a bout of stomach ulcers! Mine comes and goes but it's been full on for a month or so now. I can give you a few diet tips, as I now keep to an alkaline diet. I would say that whilst you are dealing with the bum problem, stay away from caffeine and alcohol. I also avoid white pasta and bread and only have carbs once a day, in a small portion. Porridge and fruit is a good starter and dried apricots make a good snack. Whatever you eat for dinner, add in extra veg. My husband laughs at my side of carrots or cauliflower with everything but I have to do it. Oh and Chamomile tea and a tonne of water too. This all keeps you "moving freely".

Are you taking Sitz baths? I have 2-3 a day and spend at least 15 minutes in there.
JooBerry
Fibre Addict