Fissure-Two Years in and desperate

31 y/o female in search of healing

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure-Two Years in and desperate

Postby JuneLCSW » 07 Jan 2023, 17:22

I made the biggest mistake of my life by getting a little ugly hemorrhoid removed in January of 2021 (completely superficial reasons). I had no idea this would be the beginning of the end of a normal life. I developed a fissure and got a fissurectomy, because a fistula developed in June of 2021, I was good for a month, but got off Miralax way too soon, doc only told me to be on for two weeks after the op, and I stupidly listened so another fissure developed which tried desperately tried to heal, but couldn't which lead me to getting the flap procedure done in December 2021. So three surgeries with an aggressive surgeon in one year. This flap opened up January and I was at a loss. I was in debilitating pain, I got a new CRS and treated conservatively for 6 more months. I even did 45 rounds of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to try to heal the wound myself. It didn't work and I got the area cauterized and shot with kenalog by the renowned surgeon Dr. Daniel Feingold in NY. I though I was out of the woods and healed for the last few months, finally got a normal life back. But two weeks ago the stinging and burning and pinchiness as well as the killer spasms returned. It seems like I overdid it with stretching and pelvic floor pt, and caused another tear. I thought I was solid 6 months out from the op, because Feingold assured me I was good and that my scar was cement, but it seems he was wrong.

I don't know what to do next, who on earth gets a fifth operation?!?! I am petrified that I will just have to be a disabled person forever but I refuse!! I cant sit or lay, I am hanging on by a thread! I can't get my mind out of a dark place and I am literally a professional psychotherapist, however no one knows how low this pain can get you.

So, I am in search of ideas, anyone have a CRS in NY that saved their life? Try the hyperbaric again? Or just live in the bathtub forever like a tub rat!?

Sincerely appreciate and commiserate with everyone on here!
JuneLCSW

Topics: 1