I need a break from the pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I need a break from the pain

Postby Hilda925 » 14 Apr 2018, 00:42

Hey I'm new here. I'm 34 and have had IBS, colitis, hemorrhoids since I was in my late teens. I thought my hemorrhoids were getting worse internally and the pain and discomfort caused me to leave my job in October because I was sitting in an office chair all day only getting worse. Two weeks ago the pain became far worse then I ever thought it could. After seeing my PCP an ER and finally a CRS I was told it was a bad fissure and probably had this for quite some time. Well a week ago my CRS knocked me out because he thought I may also have an abcess. They put me under and he cauderized the fissure and made about 15 punctures in my anus and rectum trying to drain what he thought was an abcess while using ultra sound. When nothing would drain he quit trying and numbed me up with a local so after I woke up I was numb for hours. The pain meds couldn't touch it once the local wore off. I was in the fetal position screaming and sobbing while rocking back and forth. I blacked out several times and threw up. My wife got me to the hospital and I was kept for 5 days. Mainly for pain management. Did loads of pain meds, antibiotics, colace, lidocaine, fluids and rest. The ct scan and mri didn't show an abcess or stenosis just the bulging disks and degenerative disk disease I already knew about. CRS said my pelvic floor nerves are probably intensifying the pain as I feel it in my tail bone, vagina, hip and down my leg. I'm home now and with meds the pain isn't bad except for first thing in the morning or after a BM. For BM I use lidocaine then wet wipes, sitz bath, pain meds and more fetal position sobbing. I'm afraid to eat, terrified to go to the bathroom, am constantly panicky that ill hurt horribly again. I'm wearing down so fast and feel so depressed and lost right now. Anyone have any suggestions or tips? I have a follow up appointment on Monday. Anything I should ask my CRS? I'm so new to this all and terrified. My only saving grace is my wife and parents that have helped take amazing care of me but the pain is unreal.
Hilda925

Topics: 1

Re: I need a break from the pain

Postby Hopefull123 » 14 Apr 2018, 15:56

Ask him about his suggestion for treatment. First he should prescribe either nitroglycerin or diltiazem type ointments tjat relax the muscles and let blood flow to the area so the fissure can heal. You need to find a way to keep your stool soft but formed. My best thing is psyllium husk powder fiber. Avoid foods that constipate you. If in 6 weeks the ointment doesn't work usually they ask you if you would like surgery. I had LIS and it was so simple, no more issues. This was the best thing I did after months of suffering.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11