I think I have a fissure

PAIN

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I think I have a fissure

Postby BUTTHURTT » 23 Apr 2014, 12:51

sugarspice wrote:Burning pain sounds def like a fissure, poor you :-(

Please don't be embarrassed about going to the Drs they have seen everything and they really don't give a sh*t....pardon the pun lol. But they really don't, the main thing is that you get help. The longer you leave a fissure the worse it gets....trust me!

Def get some laxido/movicol if you can, it's dreamy for silky soft BM's. Don't worry about the regularity of your BM's either as we are all different, so all go at different times.

I have had botox twice now as when they put me under GA I had a very long, deep and chronic anal fissure :-( First lot didn't work, mainly because my diet and medication was wrong, but I have changed all that now, so fingers crossed!

About a week after the botox had kicked in I had no pain, it's dreamy!!! Well itchy and sore but not that horrendous burning pain from hell.

Rot in hell fissures!!! LOL

All the best tomm
SS

Glad to hear of your success! Most all of what I've been hearing has been all bad. I think the gloomiest part is that I hear that once you've had one you are likely to get more in the future. :cry:
BUTTHURTT
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Apr 2014, 13:04

Hi Butthurtt,
Please don't get despondent. Lots of people here do heal. Go and read the success stories to get a better perspective on how things can turn out.
I got my fissure nearly a year ago. About 6 months ago I would say I turned a corner and was able to say I'm definitely healing. Now the only reason I'm still reading and posting is to help others - I am totally better. Not to say I couldn't get another fissure, it's early days. But all that pain, fear and hopelessness is a thing of the past now.

Remember, most of the people actively posting here are fighting their fissures. Most of the healed people have moved on and don't post here any more. So you tend to get a skewed picture of how many success stories there really are.

Good luck, Butthurtt. I am sure that one day you'll look back, remember how awful it was, and be happy it's over.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby sugarspice » 23 Apr 2014, 15:29

Scientist2516 is right! So many people on here are healed :bouncer: It does take time and dedication to the cause but they are defiintely heal-able. I have one friend on here who healed through one lot of botox and another who had 2 lots, then LIS and that healed her. Also a lot of people heal without any need for surgery, but definitely lots of healing going on :D

SS
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17