IF YOU CRAVE TO SEE FISSURES ...

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

IF YOU CRAVE TO SEE FISSURES ...

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jul 2008, 18:00

Pictures are graphic - so if you do not have a good stomach -don't look at them. There is also a photo of botox administration!
http://www.facs.org/spring_meeting/gs06oliver.pdf
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: IF YOU CRAVE TO SEE FISSURES ...

Postby cherylk » 08 Jul 2008, 18:44

Fiss,
You are the best at finding info!! Pretty graphic pics and we can certainly understand why we hurt at times. At least we know we are not imagining the pain. I do not understand what the difference is between anterior and posterior fissures. I had some trouble following the charts and stats as I was not always certain what the graphs/stats were comparing. I will view it again.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2008, 18:51

That was great. The photos are very helpful too. The more graphic the better at this point since we all have looked at our own behinds, (right?) so it helps to see different presentations.
Interesting study. It would be interesting to see the results with higher n values for the interventions.

Great finds!

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2008, 18:52

Oh, Cheryl, I might be wrong but anterior is towards the vagina and posterior is towards the tailbone.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jul 2008, 19:11

Darn, then! I still cannot figure it out since I am missing one of those parts!!
Guess I'll never know!!
Anterior means to the back/rear and posterior is the other direction...
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jul 2008, 19:29

LOL _ as far as I know Anterior is toward vagina (penis for boys, of course LOL), and posterior is toward tailbone.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jul 2008, 19:32

Yeap - I was right : ) !
Mine is anterior - so not only I am exception in healing after LIS, my fissure is on very rare position LOL - I am officially a freak !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most common location for an anal fissure in both men and women (90% of all fissures) is the midline posteriorly in the anal canal, the part of the anus nearest the spine. Fissures are more common posteriorly because of the configuration of the muscle that surrounds the anus. This muscle complex, referred to as the external and internal anal sphincters, underlies and supports the anal canal. The sphincters are oval-shaped and are best supported at their sides and weakest posteriorly. When tears occur in the anoderm, therefore, they are more likely to be posterior. In women, there also is weak support for the anterior anal canal due to the presence of the vagina anterior to the anus. For this reason, 10% of fissures in women are anterior, while only 1% are anterior in men. At the lower end of fissures a tag of skin may form, called a sentinal pile.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jul 2008, 19:37

Let me see if I have this straight. Anterior is towards where my vagina would be, if I had a vagina. Posterior is towards my tailbone. But I have been called spineless too! Now I am really stuck.
Just say 12:00 or 6:00!!!
Now, which is 12:00 and which is 6:00?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 08:31

Thank you Fiss for this information , that is a good find...
I found this one very intresting as it showed a polyp and tag,
I have a feeling this is my problem !

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Jul 2008, 14:02

Hi Tabby : ) ! I am glad you liked it too ! I have those tags too, and even on the pictures I have the urge to cut them off using some "cyber tool" Image
Hey Kim, LOL, I think that 6 is anterior - place where your vagina would be Image . Hope it helps LOL. I think they got clock "compass" by looking at the butt from behind - like the way CRS looks at you - so "up" is 12 Image
Fissulyna
VIP