Imodium and Miralax?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Imodium and Miralax?

Postby NikF » 17 Jun 2018, 22:07

I have had a fissure for many years. Before the fissure, I used to have a lot of BMs, each one more irritable than the last, and their timing was very unpredictable. My doctor suggested I try Imodium. It made my life a lot easier because, from then on, I generally had only one, regular BM a day (in the morning).

I continued to take Imodium after the fissure developed. It didn't seem to significantly aggravate the fissure, which "healed" off and on (becoming asymptomatic for stretches of time). If anything, I was grateful that I was still generally having only one BM a day, since more BMs tend to aggravate my fissure. (Then again, maybe I'm being naïve about the impact the Imodium had on my fissure.)

About two months ago, my fissure seemed to get worse, with significantly worse pain and spams. The pain has eased up a bit since then, but I've been thinking of trying Miralax to see if it might help bring my pain levels down further. However, if possible, I was hoping to continue taking the Imodium too, since it's hard to imagine going back to the irritable, unpredictable BMs I had in the years before the fissure or having more daily BMs to aggravate the fissure.

Has anyone tried to taking both Imodium and Miralax? If so, what was your experience taking both?
NikF

Topics: 2