In Pain & Writing from my Tub

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: In Pain & Writing from my Tub

Postby Oregon Fissure » 16 Oct 2013, 02:44

Uggg...I wasn't kidding when I said it would be a rough night. It's now 12:45am here, I can't sleep a wink, and I have to get up for work in 5 hours. I'm currently back in my tub soaking because I got tired of writhing around in my bed in pain. None of my medications are helping at all.

Sorry, I'm not really providing much with these posts. It's more just me needing to vent my issues a bit.

Hope everyone else out there is sleeping soundly and having a better day than me.
Oregon Fissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Oregon Fissure » 16 Oct 2013, 04:46

Well it's now 2:45 am, still no sleep, still in great pain.

It's probably too late to salvage tonight, but does anybody have any tips on how to sleep when you have a painful fissure that isn't reacting to treatment? Something tells me this won't be my last sleepless night.
Oregon Fissure
Fibre Addict

Postby soffiler » 16 Oct 2013, 08:13

Interesting comments about playing basketball. Just wanted to add that I am a serious, competitive mountain biker (amateur racer at the Expert level). You might think the bicycle seat would aggravate things, but I have found just the opposite. I can be having a bad AF day, but I get on the bike anyway, and soon thereafter my mind and body are immersed in the ride, completely forgetting about the AF, but later on I realize that I've forgotten about it because the pain is actually gone. There's got to be some tie-in between my bicycle and your basketball observations.
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby soffiler » 16 Oct 2013, 08:18

Just finished reading the rest of the comments. Sorry Oregon to hear about the sleepless nights. Personally, I have morning BM's, so on those bad days where I might go 6-8 hours in pain, it's all during the daytime. Sleep is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT to the overall health of human beings! The last thing you need right now is lost sleep. I wonder if, somehow, you could become an AM pooper? I have no idea how you would go about re-scheduling your body like that.
soffiler
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 16 Oct 2013, 10:38

Tossing and turning all night hoping the burning and spasming will fade. We hear you Oregon.

I wonder what are you using that's not working. One of the things I used to do when night burning/spasming persisted was to wedge a Tucks pad right up inside and this would help sooth things a bit.

Also sounds like you may want to try some other creams if the ones your using aren't helping, how long has it been as some of these creams take time to kick in.

Have you tried laying on a heat pad or hot water bottle?? We sure hope the upcoming nights turn out to be better for you, good luck to you, you'll find some relief soon I'm sure.
Deleted User 2950

Postby Oregon Fissure » 18 Oct 2013, 00:03

Hi all. So the bad night I detailed earlier finally ended when I took an Advil PM and fell asleep in the tub at 4am. I woke up at 5:30, shivering because the water had gone cold. After that I was up, so 90 minutes of sleep made for a tough day at work.

Yesterday I got my first acupuncture treatment. That was interesting to say the least. I've noticed no changes but I'll keep it up for a month and see if it helps.

Today I had another basketball game and felt great playing. Now I'm in bed, a little sore, and I'm thinking this night could either get worse and be like 2 nights ago, or get better and allow me a decent night's sleep. I'm praying for the latter! :)

Goodnight all.
Oregon Fissure
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 18 Oct 2013, 15:02

Hang in there with the Acupuncture Oregon. It could take a few sessions to truly start taking effect...........
Have you felt any relief in using the Diltiazem? It must be what? Day 10?
I'm just wondering if the stress of it all might be disturbing your normal sleep patterns right now?............In which case, the acupuncture should certainly help but deep-breathing relaxation type techniques & calming your mind, might also be really helpful in helping you drift off better too. A hot water bottle applied to the area should also be soothing. :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Oregon Fissure » 18 Oct 2013, 23:04

To be honest, the Diltiazem doesn't seem to help much at all.

My whole life has come down to pooping, as sad as that sounds. I know that once I go I can expect 4-8 hours of suffering before I get any relief. But if I don't eat much and don't poop for a couple days, then I can enjoy life for a while.

Last night I was sore, but I took a couple Advil PM before I went to bed, and I was able to sleep.

Still no results from the acupuncture but I know it will take a few sessions before it starts to make a difference.

I'm also going to buy some Tucks to use. I've read good things about them on this forum and want to give them a try.

Goodnight all.
Oregon Fissure
Fibre Addict

Postby revma3 » 18 Oct 2013, 23:29

Hey OF,

Had to create a new account as Ive locked myself out - but it is still Revma. Staying up late at night with pain has become the norm for me, I usually just watch Duck Dynasty all night long, its weird but it helps me not focus on all my bum troubles!
I too suffer most after bowel movements, and on top of the fissure I am dealing with a nasty open wound from my hemorrhoid surgery which hasn't healed after 4 weeks, so there is alot going on down there. One thing I will say, is by not eating/skipping bm's for a couple of days, you only set yourself up for more pain later - key is to get regular daily soft but firm stools. I found the one day I didn't eat or have a BM, created more issues and pain following day.
You are not alone, my life revolves around pooping too - it is not a fun life, and I feel like I am really at my wits end sometimes. However, know when you are up in the middle of the night in pain, some of us here are too - and we feel ya!
I have been off work for 4 weeks now, worried as I have a bm in the morning after breakfast, how will I manage to work 8 hour desk job with AF pain plus pain from my surgical wound - which is still seeping blood and pus (dr checked and said not infected just slow healing).
I am thinking of trying the Hyperbaric Chamber discussed by Igrik in this forum - its meant to heal wounds through use of Oxygen, and I am willing to give it a shot - wonder if its working for him...?
Diltiazim - been using it for 17 days I think...I feel like, maybe it is starting to work today, or today was just a good day?
For me the fissure pain and wound pain are hard to tell apart at times, they both burn and stab and spasm...but my CRS told me today I am healing - whatever that means. I kind of wanted to stick a hot poker up his butt and say 'don't worry it will heal' ;)
Xx Revma
revma3
Salt Bather

Postby Oregon Fissure » 19 Oct 2013, 11:53

revma3 wrote: I kind of wanted to stick a hot poker up his butt and say 'don't worry it will heal' ;)
Xx Revma

Lol!

Advil PM has become my new best friend. Whenever it's getting late and I'm sore to the point of where I know I won't sleep, I pop a couple and sleep soundly. Wake up in the morning feeling great!
Oregon Fissure
Fibre Addict