Incontinence

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Incontinence

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 09:03

Maybe i'm making this up but has anyone heard of temporary incontinence from LIS or is that just botox since the botox isn't a permanent treatment?
I'm having small issues with gas and having to wipe a lot more, I actually mentioned it in another post. I think that maybe I'm having gas b/c of all the fiber/shitty shit I eat that I know i'm not supposed to/and supplements I take the make things soft, but it still makes me a lil anxious
Since the surgery I've felt soo much better than before but almost everyday I've felt some type of nausea or stomache if I haven't had a BM yet or if I know I'm going to have another one. My friend says its just butterflies since I'm kinda dating, sorta dating, this doctor and it's all new and exciting but I disagree b/c I always look for the worst.
Sorry for such a long post but needed to ask ?s and vent a bit Image
PS, scale of one to ten, how bad is it to date someone you work with?

Re: Incontinence

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Mar 2008, 13:36

First things first ; ))) !
Your incontinence issue. Wiping a lot more after BM is not real incontinence ; ) and regarding gas, it is very common transitory occurrence - at least that is what I read in about 50, 000 articles LOL !!! You can try some gas reducing over the counter remedies, if it bother you too much. One of the comforting things is that our body gets used over time to extra fiber and gas production goes considerably down : ) !!!
Regarding stomach problems - your friend is probably right, I think , but if in doubt always ask your doctor - but, the only other thing that it can be, in my opinion, is mild dyspepsia, which, again ,can be made worse with too much stress. Try to drink some chamomile tea couple of times a day and see what happens ; ).
Dating somebody from work is AGAIN LOL, in my opinion , for what it is worth, big mistake. If you have nasty brake-up , situation will be very uncomfortable and all the gossip at your work place is going to go through the roof now LOL!!!!
From the other side, millions of people are doing that - so , if you really can't live without his white coat - go ahead and have some fun ; ))) ! You need it now he he he, just be careful - I don't trust doctors any more with my body , let alone my "heart" LOL !!!
All the best :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 13:47

Yeah, Erin, all of what you are experiencing is normal and transitory and will pass. And not just gas!

Just do what you know is right with what you need to eat and give yourself some time and you won't even notice it anymore.

As for dating at work, um....I don't know. It is tough because that is naturally where you will meet people but like Fiss says, what if you break up and he is a real d*ck and makes your life difficult at work. Plus you are a new nurse and you may want to keep things professional until after you have more experience under your belt. If it is another nurse than maybe it wouldn't be a big deal but doctors can be real arrogant.

Anyway, aren't you sorry you asked!!! Image

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2008, 15:25

Thanks for the advice on both fronts. In my head I kinda already knew the answers to both questions but needed some reassurance.
He's soo cute though :( haha

Postby happyass » 02 Mar 2008, 16:16

well if your town is big enough, you can both work in different hospitals or is your aim to work in your own practice?
ah, just think grey's anatomy (heheehehee)....just please don't be the meredith character (someone please overdose her.......)
i didn't even have LIS and sometimes i know i have passed a little more than gas during what i thought would be only a little wind.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74