Internal Hemorrhoid And Chronic Fissure

My story of healing from a fissure which I believe would not heal due to internal hemorrhoid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Internal Hemorrhoid And Chronic Fissure

Postby Chris2022 » 10 Jun 2022, 20:16

Hi. I was plagued with severe pain caused by anal fissures for about 5 years. During that time my life was generally hell. For anyone reading g this you likely already know the severe pain and anxiety that this condition causes. I want to share my story so that someone who is going through this might benefit. For as long as I can remember I had and internal hemorrhoid that would come out every time I pooped. I actually thought this was normal for a long time and would just pop it back in with the TP after I finished. There was no pain and I didn’t think much of it. Fast forward several years to my early thirties and a fissure developed. I tried all the recommended methods to heal it for years. Diet, ointment, wipes, fiber etc. it healed for a short time but always came back. I saw several doctors as well. From seeing all the doctors, I was diagnosed with the internal hemorrhoids that would prolapse when I pooped. The decision was made to do a hemorrhoidectomy. Three large internal hemorrhoids were surgically removed. After a few weeks of post surgical pain I did eventually heal. Although the recovery from the surgery was painful, I feel it was the best decision I ever made. The fissure went away and never came back. This can only mean that it was the ultimate cause for the fissure. The stretching that occurred from pooping and the fissure being prolapsed was never going to allow the fissure to heal. As I said I am so thankful that I had the surgery and am so grateful to the doctor that recommended this treatment. I hope someone in my situation reads this and is helped by my experience. Best of luck to all.
Chris2022

Topics: 1

Re: Internal Hemorrhoid And Chronic Fissure

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Jun 2022, 20:11

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great you are no longer suffering with a fissure.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40