internal hemorrhoids and fissure

6 weeks in and not getting relief at all.

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: internal hemorrhoids and fissure

Postby Pain_Connoisseur » 05 Apr 2016, 01:37

Thank you so much for the information and links, Savaici. I'm glad you were healed by this method and it has peaked my interest.

I was wondering what should I do if my CRS tells me not to do dilation? Should I find another CRS if he says not to?

Will dilating interfere with healing from a sphincterotomy?

What questions should I ask my CRS to get a feel if he knows what he is doing?

What credentials must he have in order for me to know that it is safe to proceed with him? I Live in a small town area and in the colorectal surgeon search engines I can only find 3 in my area. Only 2 are board certified... I just hope the one that my gastroenterologist is referring me to is one of the board certified ones...

Is there a right way and a wrong way to do a sitz bath? My General practitioner told me to sit in the tub, let the water fill up to about 3 inches, and then open the drain and sit in there. I try and keep my anus elevated a bit, because if I sat on it I don't think the water would have any circulating effect on it. I haven't been able to do one since excruciating pain causing me to be bed bound and my bf to give me sponge bathes it was so bad... Now I am starting to be able to sit up for short periods of time on my bed and I think I am ready to try the sitz baths again... I can't imagine having surgery done down there (I read to expect excruciating pain for 2 weeks) and then being able to do a sitz bath...
Pain_Connoisseur
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 05 Apr 2016, 18:44

I did not ask permission from my surgeon. I just did it. It worked for me. Read Suzyljank's posts about dilation after her double flap surgery. Use the search on the group, using the search by topic between FAQ and Portal above.

Sitz bath. I got one that goes on the loo, from Rite Aid. Love it!

I did not have surgery, so can't really advise you on surgeon, etc.

Glad that you are feeling a little better. I know exactly how you feel, believe me. :affraid:

Also glad your BF is helping you. Sounds like he's a keeper! :huggies:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Pain_Connoisseur » 06 Apr 2016, 15:34

:huggies: I'll have to do a lot more research but I think I am going to try self dilation. I just got a bad feeling about going through with the surgery after just now finding out that my gastroenterologist referred me to a general surgeon whose specialties are not with the colon or rectum... Thanks, I'll search for Suzyljank in the search bar.

The bf is pretty awesome. I'm very lucky to have him, he saved my life. We've been together 8 1/2 years. He let me move in with him only after a few months of being exclusive after my dad lost his battle to cancer :( Then he still held onto me as he watched the Fibromyalgia take parts of my life away. Looks like my blood work is finally starting to detect the primary cause of my fibromyalgia and it is looking autoimmune in nature. More tests are needed at this time to rule out everything.
Pain_Connoisseur
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Savaici » 06 Apr 2016, 18:06

Glad you found the info, PC! I was just looking for the post I had done with the links, when I worked out that you'd found it too :smilyhug:

It was difficult doing the dilation at first and my bum will never be as it was before I had the dreaded spasms, but it is at least liveable with!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby thatpinoydude » 15 Jun 2016, 07:44

Hello. I just had hemorrhoidectomy, PPH, polypectomy and LIS done and 4 days post op.

Currentlt no bleeding (only bit of smudge), minimal pain and normal BM.

Just remember to keep your stool soft (i take movical 2 sachets at night), lots of fruits especially papaya, baked veggies, yogurt, 3L of water a day, and stay away from red meat! Stick with fish and poultry (minimal) if you can. I also take turmeric supplement, very good anti inflammatory and anti cancer agents, Rutin supplement as vasodilator, mangosteen supplement, moringa supplement, and b-complex.

Also do 10 mins light walk after meals, this should help with digestion a bit. Sitz bath with betadine drops after BM, then apply betadine ointment to disinfect the perianal area.

May sound like a dietician but i swear ive engorged on burgers and steaks and soda my whole life and i can 100% say that's what ended me here in this operation.

I hope you will have a smooth recovery! Praying for you all
thatpinoydude
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2