Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Fissure. I feel like dying.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Fissure. I feel like dying.

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2007, 07:31

Hi~
My GI doctor said I had IBS -- I have diarrhea that won't stop--- and my fissure (at least I think it is my fissure) won't get better. So, Tuesday that are just running a scope part of the way up to see if it is a fissure.... sigh...
Then can someone tell me what I can do to stop the irritable bowel diarrhea and pain? I have tried anti-spasmodics-- and they do not help. I am taking fiber pills... it isn't helping. Please help me.
vapyre_girl

Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Fissure. I feel like dying.

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2007, 08:19

Maybe adding some probiotics like acidophilis would help. I hear really good things about that supplement for IBS.

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Nov 2007, 14:51

Oh poor GIRL :(, we "hear you" !!!! All of us here know what real pain is and how it brings havoc to our lives and our minds. Don't be afraid of he scope - it is little painful but nothing more than you are already experiencing. AND, there are lots of treatments for IBS now - conventional and alternative - I know you will at least be able to control your symptoms. It just take time to experiment with different diets and meds. There was a new study that showed remarkable improvement with IBS patients treated with specific antibiotic. Just Google in "IBS antibiotic tretmant" and I am sure it will pop up on the screen. For now try to relax as much as possible cause IBS can be aggravated by stress. I know - easy to say :(. Also, I hope you have a very good doctor that would test you for allergies too and Celiace (sp?) disease too !!!!
Hang in there !!!!! There are so many options you just have to find one ...Fissure is awful thing, but even that can go away on its own or with simple surgery - I just don't like calling you vampire - don't know why, I know that it is just a "user name" but you need a hug and comfort - I will call you Angel Girl !
We all are in great pain here, we understand everything what you are feeling and we will all get better - one way or another ; ) !!! We MUST !!! BTW, there is one member on this forum with IBS and I hope he will find your post and offer some guidance too. The only thing that I would suggest is to cook cup of white rice in 4 cups of water and drink that water - it always helps with stopping diarrhea- don't add any sugar or anything. Try black tea too. I know that IBS is not just simple case of "runny" stools but that is only natural thing that I know works 100% in all other cases of diarrhea.
Take care !!!! :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 13 Nov 2007, 11:36

A friend of mine with IBS finds enormous success with white foods. She steams cauliflower and then blends it up with a little milk and water.

I have mild IBS too. Mine is IBS-CD, and i find that chamomile tea always does the trick for me when I prepare it right. the teabag has to be steeped in boilg water and let cool to about room temperature. I'm not sure what that does to the chamomile, but it works so I don't question. Also, I found strong mint tea, prepared the same way, to be very soothing.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby bherna1 » 13 Nov 2007, 21:53

I have a fissure, abbess and IBS.
I have been living with IBS since childhood...since 1980. I didnt know what it was until 2000 when the diagnosis came out. I have both consitpation and the other (alternating). Since 2001 I have been on all meds you can think of. IBS disappeared on 4 mg of Zanax and 10 mg a day of prozac a day. As you may or may not know Zanax doesnt work for ever. It builds up in your brain and stops working and you have to elevate the dosage. About 6 months ago i ended an extreme job in China with a retailer and it caused alot of stress on me during that time. IBS bouts was five times a day due to the stress. It felt like i was going to rip right open. I guess that is when my Zanax quit working a the lower dosage and the fissure came up due to alot of spasms that came about during the IBS attacks.
My fissure and abbess is still here but not as bad. I had to switch my diet, no milk products or meat. I use non scented baby wipes to wipe with and i soak in very warm baths to cut down the spasms and to rush the blood flow to that area. All this i give thanks to the advise from my friends on this site.
The one med that i can recommend you trying is an antispasm drug muscle relaxer called Tizanidine. 2mg tablet is one dose a day. I take one a night and it has completely removed my IBS or cut it down 99%. I have a neuro that perscribed the med to me because he feels the IBS is due to anxiety that i have also had for quit some time...i know i am a mess.
If i didnt take the Tizanidine at night i would have a attack in the morning. I would break the tablet in half and take it when i do have the spasms. The only down side to this med it makes you drowsy. I would not take it during the day unless it is a half a dose or what ever you find is a low dose for you. Ever sinse i have taken this med, use baby wipes, stop eating meat and milk products my fissure is almost gone. Dont let your guard down. I let it down last week, didnt use wipes or the med and bleed again today during a stressful situation. I also ate chips with a hamburger last weekend as a double wammy.
I removed chips from my diet about a month ago and I noticed a drastic change in reduced bleeding, etc on the fissure.
What path you decide i wish you well. If you can cut some of the fatty meat, greasey foods, milk your IBS will get better. The rest is up to you.
God Bless
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12